Valued Contributor

I ordered the lightweight 2 in 1 cast iron

from Cooks Essentials. (K46159) I have another lightwight piece and I love it, and I like that this one has a grill included. I bought the aquamarine color. Hope it's as pretty in person as it looked on tv

cookin

Trusted Contributor

Re: I ordered the lightweight 2 in 1 cast iron

@cookinfreak I ordered it in black and I hope it does what they advertised. I'm a sucker for kitchen stuff....I love to cook and bake and with Fall fast approaching, I will be doing a lot of both. Enjoy!!

Honored Contributor

I got the red one. Traditional cast iron is just to heavy for me these days. The grill pan - lid was another incentive to buy. I hope I like it. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I ordered the aquamarine too!

Excited to try it out

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Super Contributor

Not sure what is going on but I received my cast iron TSV yesterday! 9-15-17. Wow that is some fast shipping!

I just now unpacked it and it's a very nice set. Pretty to look at (loving the aquamarine) and still very solid/substantial. You can feel it's cast iron.

The size was smaller than I thought but that actually works out to my favor (small household). I will be trying it out tonight to see how it handles fried chicken Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

i have a few pieces already in the lightweight cast iron and love the line. while it is a bit lighter in weight than regular cast iron, it is really not THAT lightweight.

i did order the TSV in the red. i also like that you can use it on an induction burner.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@sunshine45 This is my first purchase in that line--in fact some how I have completely missed this on the Q before now.

Depending on how it goes tonight I will probably go check out some other pieces, particularly since you already have them and recommend.

I recently got rid of an old, well used set of pots and pans I'd had for years and started replacing them with random pieces and brands. I discovered I am enjoying having a more random looking pot assortment! Definitely makes for an ecclectic looking stovetop when making dinner.

Valued Contributor

I love this line and ordered the TSV in black. I have had no issues. It cooks just like my more expensive pans with easier clean up.