Valued Contributor

Re: I need a Keurig that uses all K-cups

Buyer beware on the new Keurig 2.0 (on ALL of the new 2.0 models). There have been way too many reviews on it breaking down. Some people get it sent out broken, others it breaks within a few months, etc. I believe there's something to do with the new technology that makes it break down on itself so fast.

If you're looking for a good Keurig go to the older Platinum models. They take all k-cups and you can use your own loose coffee/tea in your "my k-cup".

I was super tempted to buy the new Keurig 2.0 model 550, as it is the TSV coming up this month on the Q. However after reading the reviews on the 350 on the Q, doing research on other websites, as well as talking to some friends and family that have the 550 already (you can buy on their website), I'd say definitely hold off on the new Keurig.

I'd recommend the Keurig Platinum K75. Do a google search, many retailers still sell this one.

Valued Contributor

I know that Kohls and BB&B still sell the K45 Elite and Target and Walmart still sells the K-40 Elite, as well as the mini. These all use the older k-cups. I have 2 Platinum's but when they both die, I will replace with a Hamilton Beach 2 way Flex Brewer, it has 2 sides, one uses k-cups and the other has a carafe to make a pot of ground coffee. I like the idea of having both choices.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/12/2014 CaitlinH said:

Buyer beware on the new Keurig 2.0 (on ALL of the new 2.0 models). There have been way too many reviews on it breaking down. Some people get it sent out broken, others it breaks within a few months, etc. I believe there's something to do with the new technology that makes it break down on itself so fast.

If you're looking for a good Keurig go to the older Platinum models. They take all k-cups and you can use your own loose coffee/tea in your "my k-cup".

I was super tempted to buy the new Keurig 2.0 model 550, as it is the TSV coming up this month on the Q. However after reading the reviews on the 350 on the Q, doing research on other websites, as well as talking to some friends and family that have the 550 already (you can buy on their website), I'd say definitely hold off on the new Keurig.

I'd recommend the Keurig Platinum K75. Do a google search, many retailers still sell this one.

I returned this to Costco in three months.

I don't know if it was just the K-75 Platinums that Costco sold or if it was a widespread issue, but within weeks the brewer would get a "PRIME" error and not brew coffee. The fix was to remove the reservoir, tap the water outlet with your finger and return it.

Sounds simple, right?

Not when your first cup of coffee of the day is at stake!

Also, it was unnerving to wake up and not be sure if I had a functional coffee maker.

I called Keurig to find out if I got a like-kind replacement, if it would have the same problem. Keurig offered to send me a new one, but denied that there was a problem with that model.

Costco took the reviews down when they got the 2.0s in.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

Keurig has just been bought out by Green Mountain Coffee, so hence the unfriendly choices....{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} I just bought one for work from SAM'S for $99.95, and will take all K cups and the solo cup came with it.........Cool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Esteemed Contributor

Wolf, I thought Keurig and Green Mountain were always the same company (or under the same umbrella).

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.