Valued Contributor

I miss In the kitchen with David as it used to be

[ Edited ]

Maybe it's just me, but lately I find my favourite Sunday morning show lacking in inspiration to buy anything. Usually I have to hide my credit cards there are so many choices, both fun and useful. The last two weeks, I found nothing at all of interest. I prefer smaller kitchen appliances, tools, and Temptations (a fave for me of course). Hours upon hours of Vitamix just made me turn the channel. How does one request having more items that are useful and affordable? I love David, by the way.

Respected Contributor

Re: I miss In the kitchen with David as it used to be

Could be Vitamix was on all day because guess what, it was the TSV.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have QVC programming as we like it.

Honored Contributor

I don't like In the Kitchen to have unrelated things in it.

Vacuums and computers are often featured right smack in the middle of In the Kitchen, and while I get those things might actually get used in a kitchen, I usually tune out and never come back for the rest of the program.

I know why they do it. They do it because David could sell ice to Eskimos! They have a pretty large captive audience and he can really move the product, so it gets worked into his show. I do wonder how many people are like me though, and tune out, to never tune back in for the rest of the show, and just how much money they might be loosing from that.

Valued Contributor

I can't remember the last time I watched the full ITKWD. Starting to find it boring. May have to try and tune into Mary's progrm on Saturday. I am becoming very selective on what I watch lately. Saves me some money. LOL! 

Esteemed Contributor

I am disappointed also. I used to love seeing the new gadgets and especially Laura the kitchen Aid lady.

Now it seems like alot of prepared food, matresses, sweepers and computers. I used to watch Davis all the time, but lately I have lost interest.

Valued Contributor

Did Laura from kitchen aid retire? Don't get me wrong I really like the new lady from kitchen aid, also what happened to Bob Warden ?

Honored Contributor

@De Anna wrote:

Did Laura from kitchen aid retire? Don't get me wrong I really like the new lady from kitchen aid, also what happened to Bob Warden ?

Yes, Laura did retire.  Bob Warden is no longer on so assuming he retired or is doing some other endeavor.    I miss the old kitchen shows too.  I realize it is for Easter, but every week they are including too much prepared food and spending too much time on the TSV.  I seldom watch an entire show any more.  Mary's show is very similar--same ol' items from Marc Charles, Eric and the Air Fryer, etc.

Trusted Contributor

I also think ITKWD is becoming more and more repetitive. Same old items being offered.  Sunday's show was almost all food which I find very disappointing.  I am hoping all the food offerings in the past couple weeks were because of the Easter holiday.  It's one thing that they have shows dedicated to food, but to have 90% of David's show food offerings, it's just too much.  It was so boring that I decided to record the show so I could forward through the food and Dyson.  An hour of Dyson before and after David's show is enough, it doesn't need to on during David's show too.  I'm hoping that the "new items" they keep telling us about from the trade show that David attended will be on soon.

Honored Contributor

I miss In the Kitchen with Bob, that was show!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor