Super Contributor

Re: I made Lisa Robertson's pancakes tonight and...

Sounds positively sickening to me, LOL! Only thing I put on my pancakes is a little real butter when I eat them which is hardly ever.

Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 Snik said: I love peanut butter and maple syrup on vanilla ice cream! Tastes just like an Abba Zabba bar....remember those??? But it won't pull your teeth out, LOL!!!!

I used to love Abba Zabbas. I am going to try that - do you heat up the peanut butter?

Respected Contributor

I just love the judgements that everybody is making.... this is about cooking.....ideas.....taste is an individual thing, as are thoughts about health..... For example, one person may do well with restricted calories, but a wide variety of food..another may find a saving grace with going low carb.....still another might find their Holy Grail in going gluten free. All of these options are great, but these things would be better if discussed on the Health Forum. Let's limit this to cooking- if a particular recipe did not work, let's hear about it- perhaps those who are knowledgeable can help, but when it comes to taste, if something is so offensive to you, don't eat it.....just sayin' Poodlepet
Respected Contributor

I just love the judgements that everybody is making.... this is about cooking.....ideas.....taste is an individual thing, as are thoughts about health..... For example, one person may do well with restricted calories, but a wide variety of food..another may find a saving grace with going low carb.....still another might find their Holy Grail in going gluten free. All of these options are great, but these things would be better if discussed on the Health Forum. Let's limit this to cooking- if a particular recipe did not work, let's hear about it- perhaps those who are knowledgeable can help, but when it comes to taste, if something is so offensive to you, don't eat it.....just sayin' Poodlepet
Super Contributor

Seems like Lisa is posting a lot of pictures of eating

Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 chickenbutt said:
On 10/29/2014 benzgirl said:
On 10/28/2014 hopi said:

Obviously this group would not be into chicken and waffles either.

It sounds like something that would be interesting to try and yes I have my very favorite simple way of eating pancakes also but wouldn't keep my world so small that I wouldn't try healthy meal that's a little heavy on syrup.

Lisa looks like she never overindulges.

Hopi...Sign me up for the chicken and waffles! My mom used to make that when I was growing up and I haven't had it in years. yum!!!

Oh yeah! I like chicken and I like waffles. I just don't like syrup, so I'd do it without the syrup they pour all over both items.

I make waffles sometimes. I like them kind of savory and put maybe some bacon (pre-cooked of course) and some extra sharp cheddar (that I shred) in there. Pick it up and eat it like a piece of bread. Smiley Happy

If you all are ever in Los Angeles, near Hollywood..go to the Nickel Diner for chicken and waffles. It has the most unique breakfast food I have ever eaten and it is GOOD! They have the best chicken and waffles. They were on DDD years ago, and you have to wait...but worth it!

Trusted Contributor

On 10/28/2014 lovescats said:

her pancake from her non qvc facebook page

looks great i'd try but have tums near by lol it looks good in the pic gonna make them at work tomorrow now you got me hungry lol

Super Contributor

On 10/29/2014 DiAnne said:
On 10/29/2014 Snik said: I love peanut butter and maple syrup on vanilla ice cream! Tastes just like an Abba Zabba bar....remember those??? But it won't pull your teeth out, LOL!!!!

I used to love Abba Zabbas. I am going to try that - do you heat up the peanut butter?

I'm going to try this too! Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

On 10/28/2014 DiAnne said:
On 10/28/2014 Issiestorm said:

I like my pancakes very thin, with natural lemon juice and a dusting of powdered sugar.

I used make them for my children and grandchildren - we called them German pancakes.

My family and I used to be friends with an English couple who ran a tearoom. They introduced me to these. Once in a while I like the traditional pancakes with butter and (sugar free) syrup, but these are my favorites.

Super Contributor

Aunt Jemima. She showed the box.