Super Contributor

I made Lisa Robertson's pancakes tonight and...

I have a tummy ache! Has anyone ever heard her say that she likes syrup, applesauce and peanut butter on pancakes? A few weeks ago she even posted a pic of this combination so...weird as I thought it sounded I decided to try it. Hey, you never know until you try. Well, maybe you have to acquire a taste for this combo...but I won't be trying this again. :/ Gotta go find my Tums now. Just thought I would share. Individual results will vary. Smiley Wink
Trusted Contributor

Re: I made Lisa Robertson's pancakes tonight and...

I'm sorry you don't feel well, but that whole combination sounds seriously disgusting.

Trusted Contributor

Even just pancakes and syrup is too sweet. I can't imagine applesauce and peanut butter, too. Too much. I'll pass.

Super Contributor

On 10/28/2014 Oneanddone said:

I'm sorry you don't feel well, but that whole combination sounds seriously disgusting.

I know, right? Smiley Happy I remember her talking on air about loving pancakes this way a loooong time ago. Then I saw she had recently posted a pic of the combo on her FB page saying, "don't knock it till you try it". Well...I tried it but will never again.
Super Contributor

Full disclosure: I only made two with this combo and didn't like it so my next one was traditional with butter and syrup.
Regular Contributor

Do you have any before and after' s?.... LOL. : ) ..... I hope you feel better!
Honored Contributor

Yikes! It sounds a bit much to me, too. But then I don't care for syrup anyway. Was there anything special about her pancake recipe?

Honored Contributor

On 10/28/2014 benzgirl said: Full disclosure: I only made two with this combo and didn't like it so my next one was traditional with butter and syrup.

That's a lot of pancakes! No wonder you have a tummy ache. Hope you can lay down and relax (with those Tums, of course!).

Super Contributor

On 10/28/2014 chickenbutt said:

Yikes! It sounds a bit much to me, too. But then I don't care for syrup anyway. Was there anything special about her pancake recipe?

Don't think so Chickenbutt. I just remember her casually mentioning this combo when she was on air one day and then was reminded of it when I saw her post about it. I imagine it was just 'regular' pancakes - - I sure wouldn't have wanted to add anything else! Lol. I sort of thought it might have a salty-sweet taste, but no....it was just bad. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

her pancake from her non qvc facebook page