Super Contributor

Re: I made Lisa Robertson's pancakes tonight and...

Did you use peanut butter laced with hydrogenated fats?

Respected Contributor

On 10/29/2014 ical said:

Q&A: Does peanut butter contain trans fat?

Consumer Reports News: March 15, 2010 06:38 AM

Yes, but in amounts so small they’re insignificant. It’s true that partially hydrogenated vegetable oil—which manufacturers add to many peanut butters to keep them from separating—supplies trans fat, an especially unhealthy form of fat that may harm the heart, among other things, by raising bad (LDL) cholesterol and lowering good (HDL) cholesterol. (Fully hydrogenated oil, added for the same reason, does not contain trans fat.) But a U.S. Department of Agriculture analysis of 13 brands of peanut butter found that the amount of partially hydrogenated oil was so small that trans-fat levels weren’t even detectable. And there’s good reason to keep some peanut butter in your diet: About 80 percent of its fat is the healthful, mono- and polyunsaturated kind.

Trusted Contributor

Way too much sugar for me. My stomach would be rebelling, too.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Regular Contributor

I'm sorry but seriously, some of you need to stop with the Lisa obsession-it's really scary. Some of you want to know what nail polish she wears, what brand of clothes she wears, what brand of pancake mix she uses, how she decorates-it's getting a little out of hand.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like an ""Elvis"" recipe..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 MurphsMom said:

I'm sorry but seriously, some of you need to stop with the Lisa obsession-it's really scary. Some of you want to know what nail polish she wears, what brand of clothes she wears, what brand of pancake mix she uses, how she decorates-it's getting a little out of hand.

Ahh that was my first though, just because she eats it why should any one else.

Truth be told its sounds GROSS

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

On 10/29/2014 lovescats said:
On 10/29/2014 ical said:

Q&A: Does peanut butter contain trans fat?

Consumer Reports News: March 15, 2010 06:38 AM

Yes, but in amounts so small they’re insignificant. It’s true that partially hydrogenated vegetable oil—which manufacturers add to many peanut butters to keep them from separating—supplies trans fat, an especially unhealthy form of fat that may harm the heart, among other things, by raising bad (LDL) cholesterol and lowering good (HDL) cholesterol. (Fully hydrogenated oil, added for the same reason, does not contain trans fat.) But a U.S. Department of Agriculture analysis of 13 brands of peanut butter found that the amount of partially hydrogenated oil was so small that trans-fat levels weren’t even detectable. And there’s good reason to keep some peanut butter in your diet: About 80 percent of its fat is the healthful, mono- and polyunsaturated kind.

Thank you for confirming that some peanut butter does contain hydrogenated fat.

A fat which was tweaked to extend the shelf life of products in the warehouses storing such "fat". A fat which has little hooks upon which more such fat hooks, snags, tangles, and clogs. A hook, so small, it can clog up a teeny small capillary in the brain, perhaps causing a stroke or stroke like symptoms--that fat. A fat which hangs on the body in droopy, nearly impossible to remove areas--parts of the body where it is prone to gather fat deposits as "natural" food reserve storage locations (normal fat is the body's way of storing food during starvation. The body has a warehouse too!). But this is not normal fat--it is hydrogenated fat. Perhaps sticking a tube in and removing it via liposuction will help, since this fat just hangs around--for a long time…in the blood stream, on thighs, stomachs, arms, bellies, everywhere it just droops hoping somehow it can be processed by normal bodily functions--but alas, this poor hydrogenated fat was made to lengthen the life of a bottle of peanut butter, making it easy to spread on soft, probably white bread. And those eating it fail to realize how easily it is spread all over and within their own bodies.

And can one really say (or see) how insignificant a morsel is when one is thinking how cellularly small a tiny blood vessel is in one's brain? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Warehouse or wearhouse.

Regular Contributor

I love peanut butter and maple syrup on vanilla ice cream! Tastes just like an Abba Zabba bar....remember those??? But it won't pull your teeth out, LOL!!!!
Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 benzgirl said:
On 10/28/2014 hopi said:

Obviously this group would not be into chicken and waffles either.

It sounds like something that would be interesting to try and yes I have my very favorite simple way of eating pancakes also but wouldn't keep my world so small that I wouldn't try healthy meal that's a little heavy on syrup.

Lisa looks like she never overindulges.

Hopi...Sign me up for the chicken and waffles! My mom used to make that when I was growing up and I haven't had it in years. yum!!!

Oh yeah! I like chicken and I like waffles. I just don't like syrup, so I'd do it without the syrup they pour all over both items.

I make waffles sometimes. I like them kind of savory and put maybe some bacon (pre-cooked of course) and some extra sharp cheddar (that I shred) in there. Pick it up and eat it like a piece of bread. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Pancakes are something I rarely have a taste for, but when I do, I want them drowned in butter and maple syrup. Good thing it's a rare taste, eh? Helps that my HubbY can't tolerate them. Taste aside, he said they remind him of sometHing that would just lay in your stomach, forever, LOL!