Respected Contributor

Re: I'm still using my 52+ year old pots and pans

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 wrote:

@wismiss I bought a similar set about forty-five years ago when I was first married.  It was the waterless version of the West Bend stainless steel cookware and was awesome.  The marriage did not last but the set did.  My ex-husband has it and uses it.

I have that set and still use it.  Only 2 pieces died, the large electric skillet foot broke off and the largest fry pan eventually warped with a high spot in the center.  All the other sauce pots are in my daily arsenal.

Valued Contributor

I have my husband’s mother’s Revere Ware.  I use them all the time.  They are my “go to” pans. 

I also cherish my Griswold cast iron fry pan. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Contributor

I threw out my very old Farberware set when I realized it was aluminum even tho it did a great job of cooking  .  Found some Revereware on eBay that I'm using, combined with a few pieces of indulgement with LeCreuset.

My next chapter in life is to purchase Fiestaware and send my qvc china while they are pretty dishes to consignment.

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
I’m still using my stainless steel pots and pans I purchased at a home cooking presentation from Miracle Maid Waterless Cookware. In 1970. They are still like new. I cook on a regular basis too. Never have bought another pan since. Also, I am still using my Corelle dishes bought in the 1970’s. I know BORING! But they still work. 
My inlaws sold those,i went with them a few time back in 1970, meatloaf, cabbage, was two of the items that were cooked.
When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

For my first Mother's Day, my husband bought me a complete set of Flame Le Crueset.

My daughter is now 50 years old and I'm still using that cookware.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I advertised FREE boxes  on the nextdoor dot com site. A woman and her husband came over and I gave them around 12 boxes. Then I noticed a large stainless steel roasting pan in one of the boxes (I forgot about it) - and gave it to them as well. My mother bought it in the 1950's and the last time she used it was in 1980. Perfect condition. 

Occasional Contributor

I had this set while living with my parents, they were pretty well, but, don't you think, that it's a bit unhygienic? I mean, you may every time polish it to shine, but after some time they'll still have lot's of microcracks and scratches. And this fact kills me, only a thought about it makes me want to vomit. I don't urge someone listen to me, but I change all my pots and pans once in three years maybe and I'm happy with that. 

Trusted Contributor

I have lots of variations of new pans. Like to try things. But the pot I go to every time for gumbo is my mom's magnalite. Makes everything taste better.Heart

Contributor

I have both the huge set of lifetime cookware that my mom used when I was growing up. It includes the huge covered roaster, the mixing bowls, teapot, & other extras. I also have my grandma's set of lifetime cookware. I also have two of the stainless electric skillets. I use both sets plus some all clad that I have when I want to use stainless steel. Lifetime cookware cooks so evenly & cleans up like a dream. Then I have a bunch of vintage (some were my grandmas) & new regular old cast iron & some Le Creuset & Staub.