Respected Contributor

Re: I'm in trouble. Bought bread machine and discovered Prepared Pantry website

If I order anything from them, I'll have to buy a bigger bread machine than the little Zo I now have. Bummer. The scone mixes look good, too.

Trusted Contributor

I am glad the OP has found a site with products she likes, but I suggest continuing your pursuit of homemade bread. Yes, there will be failures, but that is how we learn. Fortunately, bread is not an expensive hobby, and once you are successful, you will reap the rewards.

For the OP, and anyone else interested, I highly recommend King Arthur Flour's website. I also recommend checking out their travelling baking workshop. If one ever comes to your area, I cannot recommend it enough. It's free, fun, informative -- and there are door prizes~

Respected Contributor

Chou Chou, Mistic and all - there is plenty of room in my handbasket for everyone! Don't mean to sound like a commercial, but the company really packages the mixes nicely in mylar type bags with a resealable zip lock (might work for those of you with 1 lb. machines if you measure it out.) And they sell ALL kinds of mixes: scones (as mentioned), muffins, pancakes, cookie, cakes, even aebleskiver mixes!?) {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Rina33 - yes, I'm very happy with the HB baker, well worth the $60+. Maybe once I get this down pat and the HB goes, I'll graduate to a Zo. I've just gotten totally disenchanted with commercial bread...seems like everything is loaded with sugar.

KYToby, I still plan on making my own bread - I believe Publix sells KAF (my late MIL swore by KAF; how I wish I'd gotten into bread baking while she was alive, she was a wizard!)

Denise
Respected Contributor

Here is a blog post on making bread in a bread machine that might help you when you are ready to try making bread from scratch again...

http://easyaspiecanbe.blogspot.com/2014/09/bread-machine-basics-101.html

Respected Contributor

I don't usually post here but the subject of bread machine caught my eye. I just recently purchased a Zo and did make a few bread loaves. Now this site you mention sells bread mixes, yes? I was under the impression a bread maker purchase was so that you could make fresh bread with fresh ingredients. I have to say my bread was OK but I expected something more, like great. So is a bread mix the better way to go?

Valued Contributor

My bread machine has not seen the light of day for years. After reading this, it may come out of hiding. I am getting off of here and going to check out this site. Thanks for the info.

New Contributor

Google Prepared Pantry coupons.

Respected Contributor

On 10/6/2014 Rustys mom said:

My bread machine has not seen the light of day for years. After reading this, it may come out of hiding. I am getting off of here and going to check out this site. Thanks for the info.

You MUST get out your bread machine. I've been making 2 loaves a week. I love it. And there are so many, many different mixes. Long live HOMEMADE BREAD!

Yummy! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Super Contributor

On 10/5/2014 KYToby said:

I am glad the OP has found a site with products she likes, but I suggest continuing your pursuit of homemade bread. Yes, there will be failures, but that is how we learn. Fortunately, bread is not an expensive hobby, and once you are successful, you will reap the rewards.

For the OP, and anyone else interested, I highly recommend King Arthur Flour's website. I also recommend checking out their travelling baking workshop. If one ever comes to your area, I cannot recommend it enough. It's free, fun, informative -- and there are door prizes~

Great advice KYToby!! I agree with King Arthur website. It's the best. I also love their flours. I get consistent bread with their flour, recipes and SAF yeast. I've been making bread since I was 10, my mother taught me and it us a wonderful hobby & rewarding to see everyone enjoy it! After 40 yrs I am still learning something new! Thx for the tip on KAF traveling workshop!
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Another great site is Breadtopia.com