Respected Contributor

I'm in trouble. Bought bread machine and discovered Prepared Pantry website

So I couldn't justify a Zojirushi machine at the moment and bought a cheap Hamilton Beach instead (so far, so good). Bakes better bread than I've been able to turn out with my KA mixer and baking in the oven. (I am bread baking challenged.)

THEN...I ran across a website called Prepared Pantry. OM Goodness! They carry a bazillion different bread mixes. So far the San Francisco Sourdough, Italian Country and French were tasty, good texture and foolproof!

Now I have another order in for Fully Loaded Baked Potato Bread (sour cream, chives, bacon bits), Knobby Apple Cinnamon Gourmet bread, Jalapeno Cheese Bread and Sour Cream Onion bread mixes.

Yeah, I know those who could make them cheaper than using mixes, but until I practice a bit more, I want good results after all my failures...Wink

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm in trouble. Bought bread machine and discovered Prepared Pantry website

You're right...that website could create major damage!
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

And, you just had to come here and get me in trouble along with you!!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I love to use my bread machine in the winter. I would never have purchased one. However, I was night nursing supervisor and the girls in L&D used to make bread in their little kitchen area. L&D was right next to the nursing office and they used to call and invite me to partake. I was hooked! Evil L&D nurses! They should be ashamed of themselves! And, so should you! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Respected Contributor

Another person in trouble! What a great site. Thank you so much for sharing. I don't know what is going to be in more trouble -- my wallet or my hips.

Happy baking.

Honored Contributor

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU~!

I love baking bread in my bread machine (actually a Cook's Essential) that I bought years ago that does a great job but my local grocery stores have stopped carrying bread mixes. My favorite was a Cinnamon Raisen that the family thought was as good as desert~! No where to be found and my machine got pushed to the back of the storage closet cause we just didn't want the wheat or white. So, as soon as I'm done here, I'm clicking over to Prepared Pantry and planning to buy some mixes!

Again, my thanks! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

OH.... and I'm paying absolutely no attention to whatever lands on my hips....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Uh oh....I gotta go look!
Respected Contributor

On 10/5/2014 denisemb said:

So I couldn't justify a Zojirushi machine at the moment and bought a cheap Hamilton Beach instead (so far, so good). Bakes better bread than I've been able to turn out with my KA mixer and baking in the oven. (I am bread baking challenged.)

LOVE my Hamilton Beach breadmaker! Isn't it wonderful!!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

denisemb ~ You have caught the curse of the Bread Machine! LOL Been there...Still doing that. I am on my 2nd Zo. Lost my 1st in a fire. I also have a Breadman double, that makes 2 1 lb. loaves at one time. Gotta have the variety you know.

Thanks for the info on the site. Well, maybe not. I'll get back to you after I go NOW to visit. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

AWE GEESE! DENISEMB ~ YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE NOW!

I went and looked...Not a good thing for me to do.

Thanks for the site.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey