Respected Contributor

Re: I'm back home again.... with my fiance' ....and we made pulled pork with coleslaw in the smoker today

Hello Cater,

How wonderful to read your delightful reply.

Many thanks for your very kind words relative to my Fiance' and our recent engagement.

For sure he will never go hungrySmiley Happy.

I will be popping in between our trips abroad and post more recipes and cyber chat with all my QVC pals, and look forward to cyber chatting again with you when those occasions arise.

Until the God Bless, enjoy life, eat well, and stay safe.........and Happy Cooking!

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm back home again.... with my fiance' ....and we made pulled pork with coleslaw in the smoker today

On 6/3/2014 stilltamn8r said: I find it hard to smoke by "time" .... I usually pull my pork butt off when it gets to 200 degrees, wrap in foil and hold it warm in a styro cooler for about an hour before pulling...

Thanks for your reply and I also very rarely if ever time anything anymore, with the exception of very large cuts of meat as I then will use a food thermometer to ensure they are really smoked well and ready for serving to company.

Undercooked food promotes food illnesses and can become deadly relative to food poisoning, so one must be quite careful when preparing all foods.

Trusted Contributor

I made this pulled pork for supper tonight in my Ninja. Cooked it for 7 hours and it was perfect. Also made the barbeque sauce and it was delicious. Served with cole slaw and baked beans. Yummy!

Respected Contributor

Soonersis,

Thanks for letting me know, and am glad you enjoyed the recipes.

Trusted Contributor

On 6/6/2014 adoreqvc said:

Soonersis,

Thanks for letting me know, and am glad you enjoyed the recipes.

Thank YOU for posting these recipes. This was actually the best barbeque sauce I've ever made (don't buy the bottled stuff anymore because of the ingredients) and will make it to use for other things (would be great on BBQ chicken). I was out of molasses so used coconut sugar in its place. It was just the right mix of tangy/sweet flavor that I love.

Respected Contributor

Hi Soonersis,

You are so very welcomed and it was a joy to post the recipes, and have you and others enjoy them as much as we all did. We and our company loved everything.

I always use substitutions because I do not like the taste of molasses, I never did so I substitute a little honey, and I love sweets so I place 2 used vanilla beans inside my sugar container and the sugar takes on a hint of vanilla flavor. Delicious!!!

I also make my own vanilla extract since it is chemical and preservative free.

My family was never really into all the prepackaged stuff of today. We used to make our own of many ingredients.

Also that BBQ sauce freezes very well, and is great over chicken, baked pork chops, and meatballs sauced in the BBQ sauce and served over pasta, in addition to also saucing the pulled pork and serving it over white rice, and mashed potatoes.

The recipes for using the BBQ sauce and pulled pork are endless, so for leftovers use your imagination, and if you have a sweet tooth you should try the cheesecake recipe I posted from this thread because it is one of the best cheesecakes I ever made, and I have made plenty:

Click on this link below Soonersis and the cheesecake is the copycat recipe of
the Cheesecake Factory White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake, which is a slice of "betcha can't eat just one slice"..... type of rich creamy sinful sweet dessert!!! My new Fiance" and our guests enjoyed the pulled pork BBQ and fixings, and went nuts over the cheesecake and other dessert I also made.

My Favorite Cheesecake Recipe Posted & What is on your Lunch Menu Today?

Happy eating Soonersis.....Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

I am so very happy for you adore, so glad you found someone and he found you. I can only imagine how happy you both are. So right, a plan for everything and sometimes it just takes a little time.

thanks for the recipes, sound wonderful and am also clicking on to that cheesecake recipe, thanks so much and SO good to see you back.

Esteemed Contributor

adore - Just read your good news!! Congratulations to you both!!!

Respected Contributor

My dear Doglover3,

How happy I am to read your kind reply. Your words certainly touched my spirit and I thank you for them!

Yes thank you Doglover3, and I agree but also believe we are both lucky to have found each other, because traveling the grief journey and losing our spouses years ago now enable us to appreciate so much more the love and commitment we now promise to each other.

My beloved Mom and Husband used to say "Love makes the world go round".....and I believe it does and love is eternal....as eternal as hope, which lives where there is life.

I hope you try the new recipes I posted doglover3, and that cheesecake is a wonderful fabulously easy cake to make, and you, and whoever eats it will love it......I hope when you make it you will remember me as I share much love for that recipe too.

It is so good to be back posting because when I travel I miss my QVC pals so much, and the chance to spend quality time and interact.

God Bless and take care Doglover3, and it is always wonderful interacting with you.

Respected Contributor

Twinsister, many thanks for your lovely reply and I also replied to you in my new Health & Fitness Grief Journey support thread.

When you have a chance, please read my replySmiley Happy.