Honored Contributor

Re: I'm baaack!!!! Ate my way through Savannah!!! Got on the scales this morning, OH MY

We had the buffet at Lady and Sons too, very good and reasonably priced too. The desserts at the table were delish!!! Did you still have to line up at 330 to get reservation like we did in 2006, or has the popularity gone down a bit?

Also did the Trolley Tour, very interesting. We were also there in Oct, weather was great.

We have stayed overnite many times in Florence, SC on our way home from FL, eat at the Cracker Barrel there.

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm baaack!!!! Ate my way through Savannah!!! Got on the scales this morning, OH MY

Barb, so happy your trip was wonderul, it all sounds so good, but glad you're back, good memories

Esteemed Contributor

Aww. Sounds like a wonderful trip. And to keep relationships with former co-workers says great things about you. How nice. Your travelogue brings back fun memories of times on Tybee Island with my youngest daughter after her high school graduation. Two years ago I visited Savannah with friends and we enjoyed Lady and Sons Restaurant. Glad you got to see the owners. Hope you have some fun trips planned in 2015.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

On 11/6/2014 Poodlepet said: Katiescarlett-I love your name! Of course you would be familiar with Mrs. Wilkes! Are you still chasing after Ashleigh??? Smiley Happy Poodlepet

Nope, decided I was a fool and am after Rhett! He is a real man!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

On 11/6/2014 Barbarainnc said:

I've been to Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House twice. Get there about 10:00 am to line up to get on the first seating. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I saw Mrs. Wilkes on Food Network this morning on the show ""The Best Thing I Ever Ate"" episode on fried chicken. YUM!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call