Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Not Much Of An Ice Cream Eater...But

I prefer one scoop of ice cream, maybe two!, in a cup.  Maybe some caramel or chocolate sauce but not much.  It's ok in a cone if it isn't drippy,

I like some of Braum's flavors, but to me their ice cream doesn't get cold and hard enough--seems puffy or something.  

I don't like banana splits either--hate pineapple with ice cream, strawberries are ok, but that topping doesn't do anything for me. 

Honored Contributor

I am not a big ice cream eater at all, but once in a while I will get a nice hot Fudge Sundae with whipped cream and nuts and cherries....lots of whipped cream! yum...But my all time favorite ice cream is Rocky Road!

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@On It wrote:

The tuxedo sundae at Braum's ice cream stores is our favorite. One scoop of golden vanilla ice cream topped with hot fudge with a second scoop of chocolate ice cream topped with a white marshmallow type topping. Almonds, whipped cream, and a cherry finish off this delectable treat. The ice cream itself is unlike any other. The texture is chewy rather than melty. We have Braum's in Texas, but I don't know if they are in other states.

@On It  Chewy? I'm very curious about this, what is chewy ice cream like? Can you describe it?

I will try to describe but until I had eaten it I didn't know it existed. The ice cream is not particularly "melty" in your mouth. It has a consistency similar to a cream pie filling or really smooth mashed potatoes. You eat the ice cream and can chew it. Although it does melt, the first thing I noticed was the chewiness.  Braum's has their own dairy, produces its own products, and actually sells their milk in the stores. It must be how the ice cream is made or the proportions of the ingredients that gives the unusual texture. It is real ice cream, not the simulated stuff sold at some places. If you ever see one of their stores, I highly recommend giving it a try.

Thank you!!!Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Haagen-Dazs Rum Raisin...

*Drop the Mike*