Valued Contributor

Re: I'm Not Much Of An Ice Cream Eater...But

Ahhhh......ice cream!

My husband is highly disappointed that our west Michigan area no longer has any Baskin Robbins ice cream stores.  Now and then, they sell pints of it at the local grocery store. He is a mint chocolate chip fan.  I mean, for 40+ years....that's his #1 favorite!

Me?  I can live with a small cone of rocky road (also Baskin Robbins).  My tummy fills up easily and I eat like an 8 year old.  

My husband's mom has a hot chocolate sauce recipe and that's what his big family always had on vanilla ice cream.  Once you've had homemade chocolate sauce, you'll never buy jarred again!

If we are home, I like one scoop of vanilla, the chocolate sauce, fresh banana slices, and toasted almond slices with whipped cream and a cherry Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I am not an ice cream fan, but last summer I found coconut and  pineapple with a swirl of passion fruit ice cream at the grocery store.  I bought some and was in love.

It is a limited edition flavor and I found it again this month.  I bought two containers of it.

When it is gone, I'll probably do without until next summer.  OMG that flavor is wonderful.

i haven't had a sundae in forever.

@Carmie 

Was this Haagen Daz ... or another brand?  

It is the cheap store brand.  I shopped at Giant.

I buy ice cream for my DH everytime I go shopping, but I don't eat it, especially not the flavors he likes.

I REALLY like coconut and pinapple and when I saw that flavor, I had to try it. 

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

My guilty pleasure is microwaving 2 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for 15 seconds, then stirring that into a bowl of vanilla ice cream.

Oh my!!   Yes please.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@CoffeeNut wrote:

My guilty pleasure is microwaving 2 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for 15 seconds, then stirring that into a bowl of vanilla ice cream.

Oh my!!   Yes please.  Smiley Happy

Oh My Goodness .. Count me In on that one .....
Honored Contributor

@tarsmom 

I can totaly understand.  I love the Pralines and Cream.  Other brands have tried to duplicate this flavor and can't

Super Contributor

If you are in the store and needing vanilla ice cream, look for Breyers Extra Creamy Vanilla.
Here's the story:
Never have I been even slightly liking vanilla ice cream on its own. If it had Hot Fudge or Caramel on it I would be all in.
One day about 5 years ago I did need some vanilla ice cream to put on a cobbler. I called my husband and asked him to pick it up on his way home. I see he bought Breyers which was fine then noticed it said Extra Creamy. I took a small spoonful and was blown away at the taste. It was delicious.
To this day I will buy no other and only have it without any toppings!!! I really have to watch it because I do believe I could eat 2 or 3 bowfulls.

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

The tuxedo sundae at Braum's ice cream stores is our favorite. One scoop of golden vanilla ice cream topped with hot fudge with a second scoop of chocolate ice cream topped with a white marshmallow type topping. Almonds, whipped cream, and a cherry finish off this delectable treat. The ice cream itself is unlike any other. The texture is chewy rather than melty. We have Braum's in Texas, but I don't know if they are in other states.

@On It  Chewy? I'm very curious about this, what is chewy ice cream like? Can you describe it?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia. They discontinued Thats my Jam Raspberry Core it was awesome. On Saturday, we took a drive to a roadside ice cream stop we stumbled upon a few weeks ago. Man! The ice cream is awesome and extra creamy. I had Banana Cream Pie. It was soooo good. My husband had a Cappuccino ice cream. I can't wait to go back and try something else! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't really eat ice cream, because I'm not a dessert person.

However, the best ice cream I ever had in my life was Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake. Wowee is it good! There is a very thick crunchy swirl of buttery graham cracker crust throughout that I have to stay away from cuz I can't stop eating it!!

Respected Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@On It wrote:

The tuxedo sundae at Braum's ice cream stores is our favorite. One scoop of golden vanilla ice cream topped with hot fudge with a second scoop of chocolate ice cream topped with a white marshmallow type topping. Almonds, whipped cream, and a cherry finish off this delectable treat. The ice cream itself is unlike any other. The texture is chewy rather than melty. We have Braum's in Texas, but I don't know if they are in other states.

@On It  Chewy? I'm very curious about this, what is chewy ice cream like? Can you describe it?

I will try to describe but until I had eaten it I didn't know it existed. The ice cream is not particularly "melty" in your mouth. It has a consistency similar to a cream pie filling or really smooth mashed potatoes. You eat the ice cream and can chew it. Although it does melt, the first thing I noticed was the chewiness.  Braum's has their own dairy, produces its own products, and actually sells their milk in the stores. It must be how the ice cream is made or the proportions of the ingredients that gives the unusual texture. It is real ice cream, not the simulated stuff sold at some places. If you ever see one of their stores, I highly recommend giving it a try.