Esteemed Contributor

I'm Not Much Of An Ice Cream Eater...But

DD and I went to run errands and she wanted some ice cream.  She decided on a sundae called a Salty Dog. For some dumb reason it sounded good and i got one.

Holy cow, first the darn thing came in a plastic container that a deli  would use, the 1 lb. size.  Pretzels and caramel on the bottom, vanilla soft serve with chocolate dip top, whipped cream and cherry.

That crazy thing was good. I couldn't finish it and DD and I said splitting one would have been plenty.  Who knew it was so huge?

That probably was my ice cream for months but it was really good.

What is your go to sundae?

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm Not Much Of An Ice Cream Eater...But

The tuxedo sundae at Braum's ice cream stores is our favorite. One scoop of golden vanilla ice cream topped with hot fudge with a second scoop of chocolate ice cream topped with a white marshmallow type topping. Almonds, whipped cream, and a cherry finish off this delectable treat. The ice cream itself is unlike any other. The texture is chewy rather than melty. We have Braum's in Texas, but I don't know if they are in other states.

Regular Contributor

@On It

@CrazyKittyLvr2     Mine is Dusty Roads  at Boeringers in Adamstown PA

Respected Contributor

I haven''t had an ice ceam sundae in years. I never hear the ice cream truck until it's too late. I caught her a couple years ago and had a chocolate peanut butter milkshake. But to tell truth, I'd enjoy anything.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD and I went to run errands and she wanted some ice cream.  She decided on a sundae called a Salty Dog. For some dumb reason it sounded good and i got one.

Holy cow, first the darn thing came in a plastic container that a deli  would use, the 1 lb. size.  Pretzels and caramel on the bottom, vanilla soft serve with chocolate dip top, whipped cream and cherry.

That crazy thing was good. I couldn't finish it and DD and I said splitting one would have been plenty.  Who knew it was so huge?

That probably was my ice cream for months but it was really good.

What is your go to sundae?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Hey, It's National Ice Cream Month and it's July 31st  ... just be glad you got your celebration in under the wire.   

I think you should go do it all over again some time soon.  Just because.  Some people think ice cream is good for the soul, and I'm hard pressed to even try to disagree.  

Happy National Ice Cream Month everyone !!!   Woman LOL   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not an ice cream fan, but last summer I found coconut and  pineapple with a swirl of passion fruit ice cream at the grocery store.  I bought some and was in love.

It is a limited edition flavor and I found it again this month.  I bought two containers of it.

When it is gone, I'll probably do without until next summer.  OMG that flavor is wonderful.

i haven't had a sundae in forever.

Honored Contributor

I'm allergic to milk, so my consumption is extremely low, but sometimes I crave a spoonful of chocolate, or a small scoop in a waffle cone.   

Honored Contributor

I love hot fudge sundaes!

They never give enough of the hot fudge, so I make my own with Bryers and Hersheys!  This is big enough to drown in!!!

Hershey's Topping, Hot Fudge

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   This place will close in October.  I'm sure DD will suggest a visit before the close for the season.

My DH loved ice cream, it was a food group to him. lol  Me, a carton of ice cream would be a fossil in my freezer before I finished it.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  That sounds so good!