Respected Contributor

Re: I’ll never buy lock n lock again

I think it is overpriced and the lid tabs keep breaking.

I still think Rubbermaid makes a very good product.

Respected Contributor

Wow golden gate. You have a nice way with words.I mean that in a good way. Only time I had a problem with lock n lock was my Fault. I microwaved it locked and couldn't get it opened so I just thru it ou t. I put corn on the cob in a lock and lock before and put some water and butter and steamed corn in The microwave I took rubber seal out and put it back once it was clean and I had no problem with it. And I put them all in the dishwasher. In top and bottom rack. But good luck with lock n lock everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

I've only just started buying them within the past year, but I have been very happy so far.

Respected Contributor

I bought a 13"x9" L&L because I felt the glass lid would be a real plus.

Unfortunately, the lid did not click in place. Unfortunately, I didn't discover this until it was too late.

No more L&L for me.

Respected Contributor

I agree about the lids on the glass LnL pieces - sometimes they do not snap right.

However, any breakage of the plastic ones has been 98% my own fault - I tend to drop them right out of the freezer. I've had tabs break off of some very old, frequently used ones but I don't expect anything to have a lifetimes warranty - even if they claim it. 

I do find some of the newer pieces have very difficult tabs to open. Or I'm just getting old and weak.

Honored Contributor

If you mean the glass 13x9 baker w/lid there is a trick to it.

clip the locks down diagonally across first then the next ones.  It's a game to get the lid locked...lol

Honored Contributor

@Tara811 

No problem what so ever from my Rubbermaid set!

The lids attach to each other as well as the foot on the bottom of the bowl.  Nothing can break!!!

Amazon, walmart  #39.95.

Rubbermaid Easy find Lids Storage Containers Assortment 56 count

Honored Contributor

theirRe: I’ll never buy lock n lock again

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Reality check. It is just a plastic bowl and lid. Do we really need a lifetime guarantee? A little perspective seems to be needed. Just buy another. The VAST number of lock and lock pieces are perfect...for many, many years. If we were talking about a medical device that a surgeon has implanted in ones body, then, yes, I would understand about the necessity of needing a lifetime guarantee. A plastic bowl lid is not worth getting all in a huff over. Almost sounds like a SNL skit.

@Goldengate8361. It is the company that offers a warranty.  If they offer, it should be honored.  Its like making a promise then violating it.  If they want to sell disposable junk they should drop the warranty and the TV spokesperson her extravagant claims.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 I actually do agree with you on that.....and at the same time, I think perspective is needed before one genuinely gets upset over something like this.

Honored Contributor

I've had L&L containers for at least 20 years now. I eliminated all of my others and just use all L&L. I can honestly say that I have NEVER had a tab break off. I'm not careful with mine at all. I dishwash them, I freeze them, I drop them.....nothing. Every one is like the day I received them! I now love the glass ones. Heart

"Pure Michigan"