Super Contributor

Re: I’ll never buy lock n lock again

I agree that the old ones wear like iron.  I have one of the original 3 piece sets that have done their thing with me for 20 years+.  I mix a daily salad salad in one and "toss." Love

Honored Contributor

I'd give them a B+ rating. My goal is to phase out the plastic storage containers and use glass ones. I'll keep plastic ones for storing flour and sugar, but for refrigeration of leftovers, it's the glass ones.

Regular Contributor

I have spent hundreds of dollars on LNL products -- from the plastic to the glass and other items.  Their claim that that the products are water tight and air tight is not what my experience has been. My sugar is all clumped up in a large plastic container and when I freeze food there are ice crystals in the glass amd the plastic containers.  As with everything else, the quality of the products is going downhill.  Hope Chris P. takes note of this and can do something about it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed in LockNLock

Just an FYI - 'Airtight' doesn't mean vacuum-sealed.  So, once you seal it up there is still some air in there.   That's why ice crystals can still form inside.  There just isn't air circulating in and out of the container.    The only way to preclude that entirely is to vacuum-seal the food.  HTH   Smiley Happy

As to the L&L glass - I've purchased quite a few over the years and they have worked well, as have the plastic ones.  But one thing I was surprised to see when I somewhat recently purchased this set of large glass bowls was that those seals were not liquid-tight. 

I'm in the habit of testing products for air-tight and liquid-tight.  These were the first ones I've tried that were not liquid-tight.  The only problem with the types like the Rubbermaid ones is that they aren't air-tight, so you can't store foods in there for nearly as long.

Valued Contributor

I also have tons of LocknLock. Every time they offer free shipping I buy another set. I had one tab break off when it fell out of the freezer. Otherwise perfect. I never microwave them, don't like to. Love the colors and sizes for everything. If I lose one not a big deal. I have a glass set by another vendor that I use a lot.  Better than using plastic wrap to cover dishes with. I just got the large cake container. Love it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Disappointed in LockNLock

@Whitney400 

Chickenbutt (@chickenbutt ) makes a good point. 

The problem isn't with L&L.

Perhaps you're expecting more than any product like it could deliver.

Unless all  air is out of a container, ice crystals will eventually develop and natural moisture in something like a bag of sugar could cause the product to clump up.

I find L&L an excellent storage vehicle for all sorts of food that would spoil much faster without it.

I wrap items tightly in other wrapping to eliminate air if I plan to store it for a long time, even in a L&L container.