Esteemed Contributor

I'll Be A Monkey's Uncle, Brownies!

I checked the crockpot at the 3 hr. mark and I have fully cooked brownies.

I am waiting for them to cool to taste them, that stuff is flippin hot.

Now if I can just get them out looking like brownies. Either way,

I'm calling this a success.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'll Be A Monkey's Uncle, Brownies!

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Congratulations, @CrazyKittyLvr2 !  Would you mind sharing the exact recipe you used?  And if I'm understanding this right, I need to put a cake pan inside of the slow cooker pot?  (Asking this because my slow cooker pot is metal, not crockery, so I wondered if the brownies could bake right in the bottom of the slow cooker pot.)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Excuse me, please. I would like the one you would have given to Petunia but can't because she's a cat and can't eat chocolate. Thanks in advance. Cat Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags  I used a box mix.  I sprayed the insert with cooking spray and cut parchment paper nto fit the bottom.  Made brownies per the instructions on the box, poured it in, evened it and cooked on low for three hours.

@noodleann  You can certainly have Petunia's share.  Much to her dismay.  She always has to know what you are eating.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@shoesnbags  I used a box mix.  I sprayed the insert with cooking spray and cut parchment paper nto fit the bottom.  Made brownies per the instructions on the box, poured it in, evened it and cooked on low for three hours.

@noodleann  You can certainly have Petunia's share.  Much to her dismay.  She always has to know what you are eating.

Is there some particular reason you did not cook them in the normal fashion? They would have been done a lot sooner in the oven. I must have missed something here.Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

In an earlier post she mentioned that her oven is 14 years old and "wonky" so she wanted to try a different baking method.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Is there some particular reason you did not cook them in the normal fashion? They would have been done a lot sooner in the oven. I must have missed something here.Smiley Happy

@RealtyGal2 

One benefit of cooking things like this in the Slow cooker is that the kitchen doesn’t heat up the way it does when the oven is on. I live in a warm climate where we have already had the AC going for a month or so.  Central AC runs the electric bill up something crazy, and every little bit helps. So I’m interested in “baking” in the IP. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 ....so, were the brownies tasty?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  Yes, they were really good. Very fudge like.  DD said she prefers fudgy brownies to cake like.  Her reasoning is if she wanted cake like brownies, she would make a cake.

I would do them again in the crockpot, even when I get a working oven.

We had some vanilla ice cream, so today I nuked a small square of brownie and threw a couple tablespoons of ice cream on.  Oh dear. Hot brownie, cold ice cream. Perfect.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 ....yum, brownie and ice cream sounds good right now.  DH and I had pizza for dinner or I'd be looking for something sweet to eat....I'm always trying to watch calorie in take...somedays it works.