Valued Contributor

Re: I just ordered two of these… turns out Mother did know best!

I actually buy scrubs at thrift stores and use those for ""aprons"" when cooking and for cleaning. Love the pockets in them and don't have to worry about ruining clothing. Read that tip on these boards somewhere.

Honored Contributor

I don't cook anymore (just me and 2 cats). I was raised by my Grandma and she wore a longer version of that.

I do eat though and I am a slob. It seems like everything I eat ends up under my chin and dribbles on down.

I used to think it was because I was overweight and it just got caught there. However, I lost weight and it still lands in the same places.

I have stained so many clothes by not putting something under my chin when I eat. I'm going to get something like this for home. I'm serious.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

My late husband was from the Greek island of Crete. When I married him several decades ago we went to Crete for an extended honeymoon and to meet his family (whom I actually had met the year before our marriage but I was introduced as the "wife" on this trip, and it made a difference).

They gifted me with gold jewelry, and several of my sisters-in-law also tossed in an apron or two. Do you believe that I am still using some of them that remain all these years later, even with their shredded ties? The odd thing is that I used aprons only at my parents' home before my marriage -- never on my own. Let me tell you, I enjoy being able to protect my clothing, stuff a Kleenex in a pocket or wipe my sauce-smeared hands on these aprons that I cherish!

Contributor

They are my summer blouse. I have about 10 of them.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/5/2014 DiAnne said:

This too big of a leap for me. I don't even wear aprons!

I don't wear aprons either. Except once. Years ago an apron came with my Martha Stewart Living subscription, and I wore it when I dressed up as a chef for Halloween.

In real life, I've never felt the need to wear one. Kiss

Super Contributor

ShopNational.com has them. Think it's the same company as Beauty Boutique.
Valued Contributor

Where can these be purchased?

Do they come with sleeves? Mom (88) loves blouses with pockets, but so hard to find.

Honored Contributor

I love them, an apron doesnt really cover you up if you are cleaning, love the pockets.

I tried looking for them and none is size small, however I found one in a wonderful 5 and 10 near me.

there is also an ebay seller that sells these and "edith bunker" type aprons.

Respected Contributor

I wear a cotton housecoat or duster, when I cook. It covers my clothes and if it gets messed up, just throw it in the wash.

I get mine at Kmart. They snap down the front,has 2 patch pockets and has short sleeves. I get the biggest size I can, I like them roomy!!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I like the name...""Cobbler""!

That website will wonder why it is blowing up over the Cobblers!