Contributor

Re: I just ordered two of these… turns out Mother did know best!

On 4/7/2014 OVER 50 said:

Amerimark.com cobbler aprons

Theirs tend to run a little on the small size and have gaposis if ""larger chested"" order size up from normal. I think it is more placement of the snaps than size though.

Super Contributor

Honestly? My mother would have dropped dead before she wore one of these and she would roll over in her grave if she saw ME wearing one...

Super Contributor

On 4/8/2014 stilltamn8r said:

Honestly? My mother would have dropped dead before she wore one of these and she would roll over in her grave if she saw ME wearing one...

Well, you must be a better person than the rest of us.

Respected Contributor

What a blast from the past! I remember one of my grandmothers wearing those all the time when she was doing housework. I'm 66, so not slamming older women. I'd forgotten all about those & will have to go get some. I need something with big pockets for when I'm cleaning - one pocket for dusting cloths, etc. & the other pocket for those little things I find that have fallen to the floor, like coins, buttons, earrings, etc.

Thanks for the memories!

Super Contributor

On 4/8/2014 house cat said:

really, because I think they are ugly and look like something my grandmother would have worn? hmmm..just different taste, that's all-

Respected Contributor

Wow, I thought I was the only one, have 4 of these, a necessity when cooking & eating lol,  I've ruined too many clothes with grease stains, etc to care about how I look, plus it's usually only family around anyway, if it's company it comes off before they arrive

The Grands call it my bib

Regular Contributor

I have always worn a full front apron of some sort for years. I started wearing these a couple of years ago. I do so to keep from ruining my clothes with food splatters, drops, etc. Now if I can only remember to remove my Uggs to keep stuff from getting on them. Had a pair on about two years ago and a big drop of grease fell on one, completely ruined it and had to buy another pair. So don't laugh at aprons or smocks they serve a very useful purpose, if you ask me. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting this. Every morning I make a fresh fruit salad for my son. And I always seem to get splattered with cherry juice when I use the cherry pitter. Many times I end up changing my shirt. But sometimes I don't realize I got sprayed. Until I am at work and I look down at my shirt and see dark red spots. 

I would much rather use that then have to change my shirt.

Honored Contributor

@house cat wrote:

No - she just thinks it makes her a better person - however - it does not. She is the person with splatters on her clothes though.

Respected Contributor

LOL, this thread is almost 2 years old.    I've never seen them in person.   Guess no one I know wears aprons.

They remind me of old Lucille Ball shows.  I'd wear them if I wore aprons tho.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*