Super Contributor

Re: I just ordered a mini Zojirushi bread maker.:)

Have fun!!!!

Honored Contributor

On 9/15/2014 poppinfresh said:

Have fun!!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I just bought the More Bread Machine Magic & the Bread Machine Magic Revised Edition on EBay for $10.48 for both of them. I have been using the Bread Machine Magic in the pic on my above post. All the recipes have been good. Thanks for posting they had other cookbooks. I don't know how the recipes are in these 2 but hope they are as good as the 1st one I bought. They have all 3 on EBay if anyone is interested. I also searched & found Grandma Meyers White Bread recipe & will try it.

Smile

Super Contributor

I have a 15 year old Breadman, still kicking and I love it. My next will be the Zojirushi that bakes the store shaped loaf. Enjoy your new toy!
Honored Contributor

Here are 2 really good bread machine recipes. The 2nd one I got off the forums from Antilope. I used butter in the 2nd recipe instead of the butter flavored Crisco Antilope used. The 1st one looks similar to Grandma Meyer's White Bread that I looked up & copy & pasted to Word.

This is an easy bread to make with your bread machine, and it's a wonderful bread for sandwiches and toast.
Milk & Honey Bread
  • 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 3 tablespoons melted butter
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Wonder Bread Copycat
This is a delicious, buttery white bread that is
great for sandwiches, toast or just plain with butter.

This has the lightness and texture of Wonder Bread but with a nice buttery flavor.

2/3 cup lukewarm water
1 large egg
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons table salt
5 tablespoons soft butter (I used butter flavor Crisco)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
3 1/4 to 3 1/2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 1/2 teaspoons (or 1 packet) bread machine or instant yeast

Add ingredients to bread machine in order listed or
according to your bread machine mfg's directions.

Settings: White Bread, 1 1/2 lb loaf, Medium Crust.

Press Start.
Hyeit54 now Antilope/Q
Respected Contributor

The mini has JUST arrived and I have started my first loaf. It is small, however it is just my mom and I and I think I will use it quite often. No stale bread crumbs to make. I used the recipe in my manual to try. I noticed none used anything over 2.5 cups of flour. I want to try the Meyers white bread, but that calls for three cups.. I will try that one next. ......... It has been so long since I've done this, can't wait to enjoy good tasting bread for a change.
Honored Contributor

We do love ours! We have had four bread machines since 1992 and used them often: A Hitachi, a Breadman, the Big Zo and the Mini. The Mini wins hands down for it's near perfect track record. Also, 2 people can't eat as much bread as the big ones make, so size is perfect as well!

Let us know how it turns out!

Respected Contributor

Sooner, thanks for your reply. Glad this is a great machine, so many good reviews! Cool, it's kneading now.......lol. Less than 3 hrs. The SAF yeast is already at home in the freezer, looking for a container for the bread flour.
Respected Contributor

Nightowlz, I just ordered both of your recommendations-and your recommendation was enough for me, but I could not resist reading the reviews: wow! I can't wait to get them. At home, I use a Breadman, but when we're at our weekend house, I make it the old way.....bah humbug. I enjoy making it, and it's not terribly difficult, but I find myself babysitting the darned loaf because you don't want to over rise....and then there is the time factor. Last weekend it was a five hour production;-) bread machine makes a loaf in three hours. I am seriously thinking about bringing the Breadman here, and buying a "standard" Zo for home....at any rate,I can't wait to get the books. Poodlepet
Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 Mustangshar said: Sooner, thanks for your reply. Glad this is a great machine, so many good reviews! Cool, it's kneading now.......lol. Less than 3 hrs. The SAF yeast is already at home in the freezer, looking for a container for the bread flour.

We use the quick cycle a lot for white bread when we get the hankering for a loaf! I think wheat works better on the regular wheat cycle.

We keep flour in a container in a tall drawer. BY the way, I have used up to half and half white and wheat with the white recipe and it comes out fine.

Contributor

Does anyone know if this white bread recipe uses rapid or regular yeast? The receipe doesn't specify, and I usually use rapid in my bread machine. TIA.