Valued Contributor

Re: I just had the best biscuit of my life.

@deepwaterdotter 

Thank you for posting your grandma’s biscuit recipe.  There is nothing like a tried and true recipe that has been passed down.  I don’t remember my grandmas ever making biscuits.  For me, I just have fond memories of my sisters and me laughing as we struggled to hit the tube, just right, and then the “pop” of the exploding dough.

Those were our family  biscuits. 

I copied yours and look forward to making them.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

Re: I just had the best biscuit of my life.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Last night DD came home with 4 Southern Biscuits from a bakery in a nearby town. Actually the bakery is in the back of a great restaurant.

I never eat this early but I wrapped a biscuit in foil and put it in the oven for 10 min.  These are the tallest, flakiest biscuits I've ever seen.  I put butter on the split biscuit, of course, and did strawberry jam on half and honey on the other half. If I died right now I would go a happy woman.

Whoever made them is a biscuit godess.

Really?  I didn't know you were at my house.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.