Esteemed Contributor

I just had the best biscuit of my life.

Last night DD came home with 4 Southern Biscuits from a bakery in a nearby town. Actually the bakery is in the back of a great restaurant.

I never eat this early but I wrapped a biscuit in foil and put it in the oven for 10 min.  These are the tallest, flakiest biscuits I've ever seen.  I put butter on the split biscuit, of course, and did strawberry jam on half and honey on the other half. If I died right now I would go a happy woman.

Whoever made them is a biscuit godess.

Honored Contributor

Re: I just had the best biscuit of my life.

we have a wonderful shop/restaurant that makes the most delicious biscuits! i have to stay away from that place because they are TOO good. anytime i drive by my drooling begins.

if any of you have a RISE BISCUITS AND DONUTS in your area......be warned! Smiley Wink

https://risebiscuitschicken.com/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45   I just checked their menu.  Good thing there is not one in PA as everything sounds great.  I told my daughter do not bring 4 of those hugh biscuits home again.  One for each of us is more than enough.

Honored Contributor

My grandma's biscuits are my favorite.  The only change I made to her recipe is mixing them in the food processor:

3 cups flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 1/2 tbsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

9 tbsp cold butter cut into 1/2" cubes

1 1/2 cups buttermilk

Mix flour, baking soda and powder, and salt in food processor.  Pulse in butter to the texture of a coarse meal (size of small peas).  Pulse in buttermilk until dough just comes together.

Scrape dough onto lightly-floured counter.  Gently pat to 1/2" thickness.  Gently fold dough in half 4 times.  Press to 1" thickness.  Cut into circles with biscuit cutter.  

Bake on parchment-lined baking sheet at 450 degrees until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

we have a wonderful shop/restaurant that makes the most delicious biscuits! i have to stay away from that place because they are TOO good. anytime i drive by my drooling begins.

if any of you have a RISE BISCUITS AND DONUTS in your area......be warned! Smiley Wink

How did I not know about this?  LOL.  Not near our home, but there's a location near my husband's office.  He might have to stop there for breakfast tomorrow!  Thanks for the rec!

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 

let me know how he likes it!

make sure he brings you home at least a biscuit.

their fried chicken boneless breast is so good also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

A good biscuit is a thing of beauty. So glad you found some near you.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

How did I not know about this?  LOL.  Not near our home, but there's a location near my husband's office.  He might have to stop there for breakfast tomorrow!  Thanks for the rec!

@sunshine45 @Mj12 

darn, - I have a sad - not in NYC

Contributor

What's the name?

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the link. There's one in my area. Will try soon. Sounds like my husband's kind of a place.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau