Honored Contributor

I have to go out and buy a new kitchen faucet... like, um, tonight! Advice please.

What should I be most concerned with when choosing one?

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: I have to go out and buy a new kitchen faucet... like, um, tonight! Advice please.

Hi house cat. I have a big 'farm' type sink, and I chose a high goose-neck faucet so that I could fit big pots into the sink.

ETA: a pic

Honored Contributor

Re: I have to go out and buy a new kitchen faucet... like, um, tonight! Advice please.

I think you want to make sure the faucet is tall enough to be able to put your large pots under it to fill it or wash it.....if you want a sprayer make sure the holes in your current sink will accommodate it if you don't get a pull-out style.

Respected Contributor

I just got a tall one handle installed It does not have the pull out goose neck on it mine is stationary. Expensive but I like it I think it is made by moen.

Honored Contributor

The one I am replacing was probably expensive. It was just installed before I bought the house almost 8 years ago. The plumber says it probably has a warranty, but I don't have any of the paperwork and I've reached the limits of my patience.

Mine has a tall neck and a sprayer that comes right out from the faucet. That sprayer hose has been an issue since the beginning. I'm concerned about getting another one like that. I do agree, a high neck is very important.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

It's easy to find replacement parts for Moen.

Honored Contributor

Just having remodeled my kitchen I have advice about the sprayer that pulls out of the faucet.

I really wanted one that pulled out of the goose-neck faucet and the advice from the salesperson at Ferguson's was if you want a pull out sprayer get one with a magnet in the faucet so the sprayer will always retract and stay up. Without the magnet the only mechanism is a spring that wears out pretty quickly leaving the sprayer hanging down. The store sells both types, so it was no advantage to them which I picked.

So the pull out sprayer with a magnet it was!

Can't believe I actually knew something about this! Hope it is helpful.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

Snap a picture of it to take with you. The sales person can help you determine which type is correct for your sink.
Respected Contributor

I didn't want to be a nay sayer on here but the place I go to help cook has the sprayer that comes out of goose neck and that darn thing some times when we turn the water on that thing just swings around in a circle and by the time we shut the water off the whole counter is wet and everything else is also. My sprayer is off to the side and it works well. good luck with what you purchase. Too bad you don't have your paper work they would more than likely replaced the whole thing free for you.

Valued Contributor

If it were me I would go to a plumbing wholesale place and look at their showroom. Pick one and purchase it. It will be all metal with all the right pieces to install it. There is a difference between them and places like Home Depot.