Honored Contributor

Re: I hate it when stores move everything around so you can't find anything!

Respected Contributor

Cost Plus World Market does this. And to add insult to injury, their aisles are often so narrow that you find yourself backtracking with the cart. Surely they can't be in compliance with ADA.
Super Contributor

I hate it also. I had the same problem at Ulta and Old Navy. Old Navy has never changed their store around I. The 8 years I have lived here and today I walked in and didn't know where to go.
Super Contributor

Many stores do move things all the time.....it is frustrating and wastes my time and usually I buy less not more. Kroger in my area does this all the time along with Sam's & Costco........
Respected Contributor

This is one of my pet peeves - I have noticed it really bad in the past few years. I ain't young to begin with so it is really bad. LOl. Told the people at my local ""big box grocery"" the other day why on earth could they not just leave things along - constantly move things. Can you believe I could NOT FIND the small sandwich bags. They had to take me to where they were - buttonholed in a small place on the very top shelf which is way up there - so dumb. They use to ahve a sign that said paper bags.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/1/2014 VaBelle35 said:

The ONLY saving grace for that is they updated the app as they were doing it, so I was able to find where they moved stuff to. Still annoying! I enjoy shopping at Wegmans but the last few weeks was not enjoyable.

And yes, the email with the heads up was most appreciative. I was no surprised when I went in there AND they had 2 people in each area manning their posts to help people find stuff while it was in transition.

Giant, on the other hand, reorganized their entire store sometime between Monday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving one year. Everyone had been in the week before or that weekend and got their basics and their non-perishables for Thanksgiving. So imagine the horror when we all came in on Wednesday to get the last few things we needed and the whole place had been turned upside down.

Who reorganizes a store before the biggest cooking holiday of the year?

It was SO crowded!!!!!! People couldn't find anything!

I left Giant (Kroger) and went to Shoppers. They remodeled a couple months prior, so I was familiar with their layout.

Thanksgiving is stressful enough, especially when you are hosting it.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Oh yes. They did it to my local grocery store not once but twice within the past year

Super Contributor

Oh Persephonel, I too hate that! My local Wegmans does this, over and over and over and over ad infinitum, to the point where I cannot go there with confidence that I will find everything I need in an efficient manner.

You know, you "run to" the market to get what you need for dinner, that kind of thing, and...what happened to the chilis? Where are the lemons? What? Where?

I am visually impaired which makes it doubly difficult and frustrating.

No kidding, the last two weeks I have been driving an extra 20 miles to a Whole Foods to do my shopping. It's worth the less stress (I go when the freeway is pretty clear) and I end up getting more of a good selection anyway. Actually, I tend to get into a comfort zone so will probably abandon Wegmans for most shopping, at least for a while. - Bird

Honored Contributor

It is aggrevating. I don't buy extra stuff. I end up getting annoyed and leave without what I came for.