Honored Contributor

Re: I don't want to hurt any feelings, but those cookies with the thick frosting don't look very appetizing.

On 10/3/2014 chrystaltree said:

They look like those supermarket cookies. The ones you pick up on your way to work for the office Christmas party....because the nice bakery was closed when you got off work.....and you were too exhausted to bake. You put them on the dessert table.....and no one touches them....lol So, you leave them as snack for the cleaning crew.....those cookies.

LOL. Cheryl will be pleased to learn the cleaning crew enjoyed her cookies.

Regular Contributor

Re: I don't want to hurt any feelings, but those cookies with the thick frosting don't look very appetizing.

Wow what are you all eating? Loft house is a totally different ingredient mix most of it not pronounce-able. Take a look some of Cheryl's is actually real. I stand by my opinion that these are excellent butter cream cookies. And your local bakeries unless they are all natural ingredient bakeries use the same ingredients including food colorings, additives and artificial flavor that is often called natural flavor. A bit of consumer education is needed.
Honored Contributor

They look like those supermarket cookies. The ones you pick up on your way to work for the office Christmas party....because the nice bakery was closed when you got off work.....and you were too exhausted to bake. You put them on the dessert table.....and no one touches them....lol So, you leave them as snack for the cleaning crew.....those cookies.

GREAT description!

Esteemed Contributor

I have gifted Cheryl's cookies several times and people love them. I like them frozen. When I would buy, I would freeze and then take one or two out and eat almost right away!! I don't buy from the Q as often, as the prices has gone up steady throughout the years. Her company has a nice, little item - $5 dollar cookie gift that can be sent to anyone. They come with holiday, birthday or all occasion themes. They are so nicely decorated...perfect when there is a need for a small, little goodie!

Super Contributor

Ouch!

Honored Contributor

I have never purchased Cheryl's Cookies because they are expensive and my family usually only eats homemade cookies.

I have noticed that there is a Groupon that that is currently active where you can get $30 worth of Cheryl's for $15. (In case anyone is interested)

Honored Contributor

I don't care for frosting. Period.

Valued Contributor

I always thought they left a bad aftertaste. I would not be buying them. If I am going to indulge in cookies, I want a homemade cookie.

Respected Contributor

On 10/1/2014 moonchilde said: The typical Cheryl's Cookies in-the-ornament gift thing. I have been watching the presentation and noting how SMALL the cookies are. The cookies are the same as the Lofthouse cookies featured at several chain groceries, including Safeway. I think they sell maybe 9 for no more than $5.

There is no comparison between Lofthouse and Cheryl's. Lofthouse have an awful after taste. My grandchildren can tell the difference just by looking at them.

Honored Contributor

muttmom, I also love Cheryl's cookies. I like the way they are individually wrapped. They freeze wonderfully.

I give them as gifts to people who are kind to me or go out of their way for me or other's. Just a nice cookie to someone gives them a sweet smile.

I give them to bank tellers, the trash guys, the guys who mow my lawn, many people I know.

Also, like you my grandchildren love the things! I love them especially in the Winter with a cup of hot tea at night while watching TV. Often even 1/2 of a cookie is enough.

You can tell they use real butter and no artificial sugar junk. It doesn't take a lot to satisfy a sweet craving. They are sweet, but they hit the spot sometimes.