Super Contributor

Re: I don't want to hurt any feelings, but those cookies with the thick frosting don't look very appetizing.

On 10/1/2014 millieshops said:

Why would a cheaper price make them look more appetizing?

Perhaps frosting that wasn't so thick might. Isn't that what she was talking about? So antagonistic!

Valued Contributor

Re: I don't want to hurt any feelings, but those cookies with the thick frosting don't look very appetizing.

A bit like Peaches' story, my Aunt now lives in the memory care wing of a senior living facility. She has somehow made it into her mid-90's eating cookies and very little else for the past decades prior to her move to assisted living!

On her behalf, and for the different holidays, i send the direct care staff Cheryl's cookies in appreciation for taking such excellent care of her. Fifty or so cookies individually wrapped are nifty and convenient for the busy staff to gobble up or stash in their pocket for later. Their job can be stressful, and sugar surely helps at times! Sometimes any cookie is delish and just what you need!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Respected Contributor

SuesCat,that is very nice and ,I'm sure,much appreciated. The wrapped cookies are great for that.
Regular Contributor

No these are not Lofthouse. These are butter cream frosting. I hate frosting in general, never frost anything, but this frosting I love. Eat every bit of it and resent Cheryl's TSV's that include non frosted cookies. Give me the frosted butter creams anytime!
Honored Contributor

I , too, knew a couple of 95+ seniors who somehow seemed to live on chocolates and cookies. I'm trying to think of a related saying or quote, but can't think of one right now. Smile

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

NO, awful!!! I ordered them once for my son and thought that they were disgusting. I don't understand why anyone would like them-YUCK!

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/1/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 10/1/2014 house_cat said:

M-44741

Oh, I see. Yeah, I'm not a fan of thick frosting, myself. I usually scrape off most of the frosting on cakes and cookies.

I'm not a fan of frosting at all!

I never knew anyone else who felt that way. (Although I'm probably worse than you - I don't want it if there's any frosting.)

Kiss

Occasional Contributor

On 10/1/2014 SaggingGal said: No these are not Lofthouse. These are butter cream frosting. I hate frosting in general, never frost anything, but this frosting I love. Eat every bit of it and resent Cheryl's TSV's that include non frosted cookies. Give me the frosted butter creams anytime!

I'm with you on this one {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I really like the butter cream frosted sugar cookies, especially at Christmas time.

Honored Contributor

I've had both the Lofthouse and Cheryl's cookies and prefer the Lofthouse. Cheryl's taste like unbaked cookie dough and really don't have much flavor. I did have an apple, oatmeal, spice cookie in a variety pack which was good.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I have never tried but they are ridiculously expensive for what they look like...