Honored Contributor

Re: I did it AGAIN and I just have to vent...

I know a couple of local restaurants with great food, they pay attention to detail.

I pretty much only eat at those same few restaurants only.    Kind of boring but I like consistency

If you are on Facebook, you could join a local group.    My local groups are not shy about restaurant reviews, good or bad

Valued Contributor

@house_cat

Your dinner plan sounded delightful.  I am so sorry that the take out food was awful.

I would be upset too because I would expect the take out dinner to be a treat.

We have ordered take out sandwiches a couple of times and they were not very good. 

Like you, I've been cooking at home since the pandemic started.  To give myself a little break, when I cook, I prepare enough for at least two meals.  

I would like to order take out again but I'm leery.

I agree with those who suggested you call the manager of the restaurant so he/she has the opportunity to make up for your bad food experience.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

It was one pulled pork sandwich with mashed potatoes, one veggie burger with fries, and a bbque meal with a small tri-tip, 6 baby back ribs and mashed potatoes + a $5 tip for the kids who prep the order. 

I live in a suburb of Los Angeles.

The prices are not unusual for this area.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I live in a suburb of Los Angeles.

The prices are not unusual for this area.

@house_cat   You got that right! Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  I totally get it! We got take out for my birthday and Mother's day. It's never great, but I don't say a word. When we can go out again, things will be better. (Do you hear me 9th St. in South Philly?) After making 3 meals a day nearly every day for 43 years, I'll take Mickey D's and love it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I thought I'd come back and add that under more normal conditions, I very rarely go for takeout and never get food delivered; I enjoy cooking and would typically rather make something myself, controlling all aspects of quality and results. But during the past year, I've just about tripled the amount of food ordered from local restaurants because I'm hoping that will help to ensure that they're still in business when we're finally able to patronize them again in person. I'd sure be disappointed if I couldn't go enjoy a meal at the places that really know how to create some beautiful and delicious food when I did want to, and I also want to show my appreciation for them and support them if I can, even if it's not much in the grand scheme of things...

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. The same thing happened to my husband and I several times. On one occasion I wasn't eating any of my food and the waiter asked me why. I told him it was too salty and he took the price of the meal off my bill.

Respected Contributor

When you really need that break from cooking, to receive substandard take out is a major disappointment -- especially when you know McDonald's could have served up something better for a fraction of the price.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

KFC, Popeyes chicken sandwich,  etc.

KFC in my town is nothing short of criminal as far as quality is concerned. We usually just get their cole slaw but a large carton has almost doubled in price to $8 - yikes! We are getting a Popeye's soon so we'll give them a try.

DH doesn't really like to get take-out - it's either dine-in or nothing, even for fast food. The only think we bring home is pizza. We usually eat out about once every ten days or so.

@froggy   Amarillo, Tx is getting a 'Golden Chick'. I could live on chicken and turkey. Thank God !  Neares 1 is Ok. We ate there, Ok, like my own the best, but, who wants to cook 2 meals a day all the time. We go out every Monday. I want to be waited on, too. Not a slave. LOL