Honored Contributor

Re: I did it AGAIN and I just have to vent...

You're justified and have every right to be upset!  I do hope you made your unhappiness known to the restaurant.  

Nothing compared to what you just experienced but I went through the drivethrough yesterday at fastfood place and got DH and I burgers and fries and we only live 5 minutes away.  Got home and opened the bags and the food was stone cold!  No way could it have gotten that cold so fast!  Very upsetting but I just was not in the mood to get back in the car and go back out there --- not worth the hassle.  I just nuked everything and it was just not the same!

I think that a lot of restaurants are hurting for business right now and you would think they would be trying extra hard to make food and service good, but I have been hearing exactly to the contrary!  Perhaps it's because they don't sell as much food beause of not as many customers and then food is being re-warmed, and also service not that great beause not as many employees?

In any event, customers have a right to have food that is eatable for the price that is paid!  If it is not good, then the restaurant should make it right!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

We haven't done takeout since the beginning of the pandemic choosing to eat inside the restaurant instead. We eat out at least weekly sometimes more and have yet to have a bad meal. We've had steak, chicken parm, pasta, Mexican, Chinese, etc. most of which if I were to make it at home would cost a small fortune by buying all the ingredients and time to try and make it comparable to the restaurant quality. 

Esteemed Contributor

I guess it really depends on the restaurant.

I'm really not one for take-out. I've eaten in all manner of restaurants -- I grew up in my uncle's, who was a gastronome -- and I still say, though not a gourmet chef by any means, my cooking is far superior! I'm sure yours is, too!

It is nice to get a break, I'll warrant that! But I don't cook every single day.

Honored Contributor

Restaurants have said the dine-in experience doesn't often convert well to take-out, so they continue to push for a return to normalcy.  Or, they change their menu to typical take-out items like pizza. 

Honored Contributor

Sometimes a person needs a break from cooking. DH and I have had carryout about 15 times since last March and about that many drive thru meals. The more expensive carry outs have been disappointing. Friday fish fry from a local country club was good, as well as our meals from Texas Roadhouse. I guess I can't complain about the fast food places because they didn't have to adjust all that much. Culvers, A&W and Subway have done a good job.

Honored Contributor

I usually try to order food 2x a week--I use D Dash mostly. Over all have had great luck with the food but there have been a few times when the food was awful or, once had a hair in my meal---ugggg---but I called D Dash and got my $$ back. and don't order from those places anymore.We have a ramen place in town that we love and always, their food arrives fast and piping hot. It depends on what you order too---things like burgers with buns or japanese tempura never travel well and get soggy---and then the meals we order can be re heated in the microwave. But I would for sure call and complain--gotta think the restaurants want to know about it--losing any patrons has to hurt.

Super Contributor

For me, restaurant food was always better than what I could make. Now I have learned cooking techniques and how to follow a recipe. My food is definitely better than what I could order from a restaurant. Don't put yourself down for taking a well earned break from preparing meals. Ordering the meal served it's purpose and appreciate it for that.
Honored Contributor

@house_cat  $89 for 3 pulled pork sandwich dinners?  confused.gif

You got ripped off/scammed. 

Are there pandemic price gouging laws in your state?  What state do you live in?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

To me, the only food that is good via takeout is pizza and Asian. 

I know we are all trying to do takeout and keep our local restaurants in business though.   But some food is just not meant to travel!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@house_cat.  Did you call the restaurant manager and complain?  They ought to be ashamed to serve food like that.  They're all crying for business,  saying they're going broke then serve third rate food?  No wonder.  Report it on your local Next Door app.

@Kachina624 Oh gosh, give the restaurant a break here.  They could have limited staff.  They could have new employees who are not well trained yet.  They are most likely behind on payments to suppliers and either could not get their ususal supplies or had to use something else.  By all means, call the restaurant and complain and never use them again.  But I would refrain from complaining on social media. Restaurants and other small businesses are not going to be at the top of their game at this time, and that should be completely understandable.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead