Honored Contributor

I'd never thought I'd say this!!!! (Kansas City steaks & more)!!!!

let me start off by saying this weekend was my nieces wedding held at a beautiful estate in PA.  

image.jpeg

I also knew her caterer (Sage caterers) for this event was Greg Shockley (vendor for QVC). Thru the entire planning stage I've been kidding her I hope he brings David V. (Which he didn't but did enjoy talking about ITKWD)

Yesterday, I met him. What a true gentlemen and couldnt have been nicer! But really surprised me was the exquisite food from the "stations during cocktail hour" to the filet mignon dinner. The meat was perfectly cooked and you could cut it with a butter knife! And the fish and herbed chicken was also delicious.

Honestly, I would never had thought he would serve Kansas City product but my sister said it was! I may just have to order them -- although I may need Greg to cook them on that Treager grill cuz I hardly ever cook steaks at home! Lol

Honored Contributor

Re: I'd never thought I'd say this!!!! (Kansas City steaks & more)!!!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.  That's some cottage in your picture.  There are some huge beautiful estates tucked back in the woods around Philly.  What town was this place in?  It's grander than most.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

And some say we have to go to Europe to see castles!  Beautiful setting for a beautiful day.

Glad the wedding was so lovely -  and the food so good.   I do agree - those KC meats can be good if we know how to prepare them.  Must admit -  I've won some and lost some.  There's just not much consistent about my cooking.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

The reception was held at Cairnwood Estates in Huntington Valley. The grounds were absolutely breathtaking and so was the bride!

Sage caterers did the complete catering, and I have to say from the seafood bar to the Italian bar to the fresh hor dourves, table settings & Italian themed dessert area (including Phily soft pretzels & tastykake on the shuttle to hotel at end of evening) nothing was missed!

and now off to 15 beautiful days traveling thru Italy! 

Honored Contributor

Very beautiful setting for a wedding. I'm sure everyone had a wonderful time, and the food sounds fabulous also!

Respected Contributor

Absolutely beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Kachina624

The reception was held at Cairnwood Estates in Huntington Valley. The grounds were absolutely breathtaking and so was the bride!

Sage caterers did the complete catering, and I have to say from the seafood bar to the Italian bar to the fresh hor dourves, table settings & Italian themed dessert area (including Phily soft pretzels & tastykake on the shuttle to hotel at end of evening) nothing was missed!

Sounds expensive. 

Honored Contributor

well had a beautiful brunch today to send the kids on their way to Italy. 

I I have to correct myself -- my sister was "kidding" it was KC steaks (QVC) but then again we won't know!  Either way Greg was excellent and his staff superb & food was great!

@missy1

beyond!!! 

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Kachina624

Sounds expensive. 

There are people that can afford it. Good for them!