Honored Contributor

Re: I could never be a host on the Q because

I could never be a host and "play to a camera.  I'm too socially oriented.  Love people too much.Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Only until their paychecks arrive.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I teach 7th grade, so I'm rather good at sounding enthusiastic about boring things, lol.  However, I'm too short to wear the clothes. Even some of the petites are too long for me. I could never say their famous line, "It flatters all body types", because I know first hand that's not true.

I admire the good hosts. I enjoy watching anyone who is expert at his job. I also find their sales tactics to be intriguing, but I have anxiety issues.  I can just imagine myself running off-stage from time to time. I doubt QVC would put up with that!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I was in public relations so should be good at it, right?  Wrong?  I'd have to really believe in an item to sell it and talk about it repeatedly for 5 or 10 minutes if not more.  There are excellent hosts and mediocre hosts in my opinion, but I watch the good ones for entertainment value and not because of the item they're selling.

Having a host tell me they love or wear this or that item and must purchase it right now does not phase me.  In fact, more often than not I will change the channel.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

Recently saw an interview with S,Blakely/Spanx creator, who basically said effective salesmanship is about building buy-in to the perceived problem needing solved by the product. So...some of the problems the host must create or amplify would exhaust my head. And tongue. Plus I have a weight issue not suitable for TV or a critical audience- I would probably take the chatter too personally. Plus I am too old to be a corporate soldier without sassing. To those that could succeed, right on.
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I couldn't talk long time about bras.

@SharkE But, I'm thinking what fun you could have with this.

ie:  the girls

adjusting the staps, from high to low

adjusting the hooks in the back

or front

the colors, and comparing them to paint samples

I'm in that kind of a mood today.  I'm my best audience. LOL

Honored Contributor

Electronics, I could wipe a company out, with my lack of knowledge on this stuff.  

The thing a majig into the whatcha call it, you know, I know you know, that sort of thing.  

I'd be SO horrible at that.  I'm bad at math too.