Esteemed Contributor

I bought a Breville Roma expresso maker cuz Starbucks is closed

OK, I am not a foodie and I do not like to cook. But given that the local Starbucks are closed now and that includes all of the drive thru stores nearby, it's either wait in line at a long drive thru line at McDonalds or make my own latte at home. So at home it is!

Our old expresso maker was caput so my husband said to go and buy a new one. So that's what I did, a Breville Roma expresso maker. I tried it out and because you can make an expresso first and then froth your milk separately afterwards, that's what I tried and it worked out fine. I figure that if Starbucks is closed for longer than 2 weeks (which I'm guessing it will be) or if we get quarantined for more than 2 weeks that I can at least have my daily latte. I figure that the machine will pay for itself in 2 months as I used to make a daily Starbucks latte purchase.

Honored Contributor

Re: I bought a Breville Roma expresso maker cuz Starbucks is closed

You are brave.  LOL.  Our Starbucks still has drive through.  I decided to abstain.

Trusted Contributor

@TY 

That sounds great.  Something nice to look forward to.

We have a Breville oven that we just love.  It is quality and

every day we enjoy it.  Just today I made custard.

I know Breville tends to be a little more expensive, but

I think you will be pleased with your purchase.

Let us all know how you enjoy it.

Right now, I would love a pumpkin latte.

Trusted Contributor

Breville is the best!  We have a Breville toaster after my husband banished all Farberware anything from our home.  I want to get one of the Smart Oven Pro that air fries next.  Will look into the coffeemaker when our Keurig dies.