Frequent Contributor

Re: I added three pieces to my Corningware collection....

@house_cat  Oh gosh, sorry, I've had them forever. I have no idea

Frequent Contributor

@house_cat  I've been trying to remember when I purchased the pieces. I didn't buy them as a set, and so they were purchased at various times. I have two of the middle sized ones and also two of the round ones. The ones that I can remember were purchased sometime after 1980.

Respected Contributor

You did well.  I found a large square piece months ago without a lid.  I probably paid $8 for the lid when the corning outlet went out of business. Used it yesterday to store part of my pot of spaghetti and meatballs.  So easy to use.  

Respected Contributor

I still have a few of those Corning pieces that I got when a Corning outlet store opened near me back in the mid 90's.  I like them, but wish they had handles on them to grab out of the oven with hotpads.  I almost dropped them quite a few times taking them out of the oven.

Respected Contributor

I have the small round one like the one you just purchased.   I just love it.   It was a wedding gift from a relative when I married many many years ago.  

If you care for them they will last for years.   You really got a great deal!

Respected Contributor

@house_cat   You got a super duper deal with what you paid for those 3 pieces.  

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@1920712 

Do you remember when you purchased them?

@house_cat  I have the oval casserole on the right. It holds about 1.5qts.

I bought it new, mid-late 1980's when I first got out on my own.

I also have a similar design in French Bisque. It's a more textured finish with a smoked glass lid. I've seen them on the bay with a clear lid but that isn't the authentic configuration. French Bisque was also mid '80's.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's the beautiful French White, and I have the larger (2.5 qt) round casserole, and the oval in two sizes. I think Mom purchased them in the '70s.

Recently at an antique shop, I picked up a small 1.5 qt round CW casserole w/lid in the Classic Black, and love it. It's "fluted" like the white, too. I had never seen the black, and never even knew that they came in black.

You can't beat the old stuff.

What worries you masters you.