Honored Contributor

I added three pieces to my Corningware collection....

Someone posted these on a neighborhood FB site last week. I jumped on it. They're in pristine condition.  I paid $40 for the three of them together.... I think that was a fair price.

corning ware french white 1.jpg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: I added three pieces to my Corningware collection....

@house_cat -

Corning ware is just the best isn't it?!

And it's hard to find the ones with glass lids esp. the smaller ones.

At least I've found that to be so.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

They look like the original Pyroceram.  If so, nice haul!  Smiley Happy   I also have a bunch of the French White in the old type (the new ones are Chinese-made stoneware) and love them.  They are classy and attractive but most of all they are outstanding quality.   

I also snagged a few pieces of the French Black some years ago and, since black is my favorite color, I really like those a lot too.

I've found them on ebay, over recent years, and always manage to find new pieces.  You just have to be careful to make sure they are the originals, as some sellers are selling the newer stuff.  Some will show a pic of the bottoms so you can see what they are. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio 

The woman I bought them from said that they'd belonged to her aunt and she thought they were from the 1960s. However, my Google research led me to conclude that they are the French White which was introduced in 1978.  In any case, I'm very happy with them. I don't have a lot of room for collections, but I'm a sucker for vintage Corning and Pyrex pieces.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

Looks as though you had the perfect trivet too.

How cool. 😎 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

That came with the set. It has a spot for one of those little buffet candles.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

@house_cat   You did get a great deal. I have the one on the right and love it. It cleans up so well and is the perfect size. I wish I had the other two as well! A great find for you!!

Honored Contributor

@house_cat Quite a bit including the 5 qt. on ebay.

Frequent Contributor

@house_cat  It's a super deal......They look like the ones that I have and use almost daily. You'll get a lot of use out of them. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@1920712 

Do you remember when you purchased them?

~ house cat ~