Respected Contributor

Re: I THINK IT'S TIME TO PULL THE PLUG ON TEMP-TATIONS.

See there you go following instructions. Smiley Wink. I soak mine in the sink all the time, but I store them facing down so the water will all be evaporated.
~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

On 9/26/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/26/2014 happy housewife said:
On 9/26/2014 chickenbutt said:

I think that is the point. The comparison is good quality vs very poor quality.

Good quality for very high $$$$ vs TT at a very affordable price.As for the quality issue - I have TT that I use almost every day and as yet not one piece is crazed or has broken. Honestly, I have some of mine many years - I think it has more to do with not taking proper reasonable care of it. Mine isn't somehow magical that it isn't broken - but I am careful with it - and I always use the serving rack that comes with it so I am not putting a hot dish from the oven directly onto a cold counter - duh. tonight we are having left over lasagna stored in and cooked in a TT dish. i took it out of the fridge about a half hour before putting it in the hot oven because it is only common sense not to take a ceramic dish out of the fridge and right into an oven. A little dose of common sense can go a long way in life.

I don't really like OW and do not buy it - most of my pieces are from the old daisy pattern, or the seashells.

HH - I took good care of mine too. I had the limited edition with the red roses on the trellis. I NEVER washed them in the dishwater because I knew that water would seep in and cause cracks. But my 9x12 pan broke in half and crashed to the floor when I took it out o the oven - the SECOND time I used it.

BTW - Tara says NOT to place TT in a hot oven. You are supposed to thaw the food and then place it in a COLD oven.

That advice has also been repeated by posters here....another reason I'm not buying any more and use the ones that aren't cracked for serving only!

I have never heard Tara or anyone else say this about "not to place TT in a hot oven". Please let everyone know where you are getting your information, thanks! Maybe a link or website since there are a few posters that have their own agenda about TT, let's try to keep the truth in all this and not just "hear say" from a few posters who may or may not have ever bought/used Temp-tations. Thanks for your info! If you find this info, I will gladly say I was wrong!

Honored Contributor

gkelly - I am not as passionate about my TT as you are and I don't keep track of the stories but it does seem that we keep hearing the same few ones all the time over and over. Now I saw someone, last evening, has restarted the whole lead in TT issue again.

Trusted Contributor

BELIEF!

Valued Contributor

On 9/28/2014 happy housewife said:

gkelly - I am not as passionate about my TT as you are and I don't keep track of the stories but it does seem that we keep hearing the same few ones all the time over and over. Now I saw someone, last evening, has restarted the whole lead in TT issue again.

hh, I am not really as passionate about TT as it seems. It started off years ago with the "lead" issue which was/is ridiculous and hasn't stopped since. So many false statements and so many of the problems has been caused by mis-use of the product, not all but many. All I have ever done & said is that I stand behind TT and tell my story and for that, I have been stalked, called names, etc. and it has become more of I am not going to let a few nasty posters run me off....lol.

I have had many laughs from some of the posts here. And sometimes just add a comment to "get things going"! I have commented many times that posters (anti TT) are way tooooo serious about bake ware on here! and have tried to lighten things up but that only seems to make matters worse so go figure...

Edited to add: I usually do not answer or comment directly to a handful of the anti-TT posters. It is no use & serves no good purpose because they just want to argue and be disrespectful...to those that give respect, they get it from me.

Esteemed Contributor

n/a

Esteemed Contributor

n/a

Valued Contributor

On 9/28/2014 gkelly5744 said:

hh, I am not really as passionate about TT as it seems. It started off years ago with the "lead" issue which was/is ridiculous and hasn't stopped since. So many false statements and so many of the problems has been caused by mis-use of the product, not all but many. All I have ever done & said is that I stand behind TT and tell my story and for that, I have been stalked, called names, etc. and it has become more of I am not going to let a few nasty posters run me off....lol.

I have had many laughs from some of the posts here. And sometimes just add a comment to "get things going"! I have commented many times that posters (anti TT) are way tooooo serious about bake ware on here! and have tried to lighten things up but that only seems to make matters worse so go figure...

"And sometimes just add a comment to "get things Going"! Really??? So rather than post to share your experience with TT and have and adult conversation with others, you deliberately try to stir the pot? Why would anyone do that? Very sad!

Respected Contributor

LOL, I rarely even open temptation threads anymore. Every once in awhile the title peaks my curiosity.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 gkelly5744 said:

Edited to add: I usually do not answer or comment directly to a handful of the anti-TT posters. It is no use & serves no good purpose because they just want to argue and be disrespectful...to those that give respect, they get it from me.

I think some of the people who post on this board in general are just nasty to anyone who they perceive has something they are jealous of. And I think that is why we see so many posts putting down the hosts all the time, and that has something to do with this compulsive putting down Tara and TT - jealousy of her success. Jealousy is an ugly emotion and things said and done because of jealousy are usually also ugly.

So I am ducking now because I know I am going to get blasted, but this is my experience on this BB and my honest opinion.

No doubt some TT may be defective - but the % is not all that high IMO, and is to be expected. But the go for the throat to anyone who says they have never had a problem with theirs is way more than reasonable so I think it is emotion driven.