Not applicable

Re: I THINK IT'S TIME TO PULL THE PLUG ON TEMP-TATIONS.

I loved TT and have for about 4 years; I read the reviews of cracking and breaking, but had never experienced it until recently. A brand new "cookie sheet or lid-it, when taken out of the oven from baking pork chops it broke into 3 pieces. In addition, I have rarely used the 9x13 dish; however, it has numerous cracks under the glazing so within the next use or 2 it will break also. As much as I love the designs and multi use features of the product, I must say that I will purchase no more. It is bad enough to spend the amount of money for what the dish cost, but groceries are not cheap either and when the dish breaks, the food is ruined....its the product that just keeps costing money after money....its truly sad that with all the negative reviews that I have read that the owner, Tara McConnell does attempt to address any of them or improve the quality of the product.

Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 MaggieToo said:

I stick with the tried and true. I have had several Corning pieces for 30+ years and I use them all the time.. I think I would be very hesitant about buying and of the TT pieces.

I also prefer original corningware because I can cook or bake in it stovetop, oven, or microwave; can't do that with anything else I know of....not even TT As long as Tara's line sells so well, there is no reason to think the quality will improve...no incentive to spend money improving the quality.Best way to complain is to simply stop buying it...message will be received, loud and clear!
Honored Contributor

On 11/29/2014 terrier3 said:
On 11/29/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 11/5/2014 optio100 said:

I like the idea of this line, especially the lid-its, but the reports of poor quality are discouraging. The painting is soo bad that I could see un-centered decorations on the platter samples they showed on air! Unbelievable. Plus, can anyone tell me if they're fully glazed, or are they unfinished on the bottom so they could scratch my table and counter.

I think the idea of an upgraded line that addresses all the above is a good one.

Unfinished on the bottom...hence the cheap metal holders.

My fairly pricey french Emile Henry pieces, my Le Creuset stoneware, and my very pricey Pillivuyt French porcelain pices are all unglazed on the bottom.

There is NO comparison in quality between your pieces and TT.

I have two Emile Henry pie plates myself...excellent quality!

I too have Le Creuset casseroles and they are unfinished on the bottom AND it says right on the bottom to not put in the dishwasher.

Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Sweetbay magnolia said:

Any stoneware I have has an unglazed portion.

Sudden thermal changes are detrimental to any stoneware. (I am not talking the dishwasher).

I keep saying this - that is the reason for the wire racks - because common sense would tell you that you can't take pieces out of the hot oven and place them directly onto cold surfaces like granite. Instead of throwing away or trying to invent other uses for the wire racks - they should try using the items as they are intended to be used.

Respected Contributor

8 pages? LOL

Well I figure I've long got my money's worth, I use it all the time and have yet to have a piece break. I don't use the racks, I use silicone or wood trivets.

I know a couple who do pottery and the only reason they don't glaze the bottoms is so the piece doesn't stick to the kiln. I'm not sure how they do it on stuff that I have seen glazed at the bottom.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 happy housewife said:
On 11/29/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 11/5/2014 optio100 said:

I like the idea of this line, especially the lid-its, but the reports of poor quality are discouraging. The painting is soo bad that I could see un-centered decorations on the platter samples they showed on air! Unbelievable. Plus, can anyone tell me if they're fully glazed, or are they unfinished on the bottom so they could scratch my table and counter.

I think the idea of an upgraded line that addresses all the above is a good one.

Unfinished on the bottom...hence the cheap metal holders.

My fairly pricey french Emile Henry pieces, my Le Creuset stoneware, and my very pricey Pillivuyt French porcelain pices are all unglazed on the bottom.

There is NO comparison in quality between your pieces and TT.

I have two Emile Henry pie plates myself...excellent quality!

I too have Le Creuset casseroles and they are unfinished on the bottom AND it says right on the bottom to not put in the dishwasher.

No, it doesn't say that. And here are the facts from their website:

Le Creuset Stoneware is safe for use in the microwave, freezer, refrigerator, dishwasher, oven and broiler. The maximum oven-safe temperature is 500°F / 260°C.

CLEANING: Before the first use, wash the dish in hot, soapy water, and rinse and dry thoroughly. For most day-to-day cleaning, cool the dish for a few minutes before washing and drying, or wash in the dishwasher, allowing the full cycle to complete. Never leave a dish fully immersed in water. For removal of stubborn residues allow the dish to cool, fill with warm, soapy water and allow it to soak for 10 to 20 minutes. Wash in the usual way using a plastic brush or scouring pad if necessary.

Le Creuset Stoneware is safe for use in the microwave, freezer, refrigerator, dishwasher, oven and broiler. The maximum oven-safe temperature is 500°F / 260°C. - See more at: http://www.lecreuset.com/care#careTop
<h4>Getting Started</h4>

All items in the Le Creuset stoneware range are original designs and have been hand-crafted, making each piece unique. Due to this uniqueness, there may be slight variations from piece to piece.

Le Creuset Stoneware is safe for use in the microwave, freezer, refrigerator, dishwasher, oven and broiler. The maximum oven-safe temperature is 500°F / 260°C.

The enameled surface is easy to clean and scratch-resistant. The enamel is completely hygienic and will not absorb odors or flavors. Le Creuset Stoneware is extremely strong and durable, and resists staining, chipping and cracking. The handles, knobs and rims have been designed for a secure, easy-to-hold grip.

Back to top <h4>Cleaning and care</h4>

DO NOT use any Stoneware piece on the stovetop or any other direct heat source.

OVEN: Maximum oven-safe temperature is 500°F / 260°C. Use oven mitts for lifting at all times.

BROILER: When using under a broiler allow a gap of no less than 2 ½ inches between the rim of the dish and the heat source.

MICROWAVE: Handles may become hot during prolonged microwave use, especially if the handles are enclosed with plastic wrap. Cover just the open top of the dish, leaving the handles exposed.

FREEZER-TO-OVEN USE: Do not place a frozen dish of food in a preheated oven. Place the frozen dish in a cold oven and set the temperature, allowing the dish and oven to heat together. Before serving always check that the center of the food is completely and uniformly hot.

CLEANING: Before the first use, wash the dish in hot, soapy water, and rinse and dry thoroughly. For most day-to-day cleaning, cool the dish for a few minutes before washing and drying, or wash in the dishwasher, allowing the full cycle to complete. Never leave a dish fully immersed in water. For removal of stubborn residues allow the dish to cool, fill with warm, soapy water and allow it to soak for 10 to 20 minutes. Wash in the usual way using a plastic brush or scouring pad if necessary.

- See more at: http://www.lecreuset.com/care#sthash.aSwQgIdh.dpuf

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland