Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Ordered Tea From England

Fast delivery - may have a distribution center in the US.  Boats don't float very fast!

LOL

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Thanks for mentioning Fortnum and Mason. My husband is a big tea drinker. And I often buy different teas for him.

When we went to England we bought tins of Whittard of Chelsea tea. They had such a nice shop. Bought two nice tea pots too. 

I will give Fortnum and Mason a try.

@drizzellla You and your husband would enjoy it I think.  They have beautiful tea tins and their teas are good quality.  Their square blue tins stack great--which to me is a bonus.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love to drink tea. I will give these a try.

Respected Contributor

How much was shipping? 

Makes me wonder if F&M have a stateside warehouse.

Honored Contributor

How VERY lovely!!!!

LadyTeapots🫖 on Twitter: "Holly Hobbie Tea Time.🍵🫖🧁 🍃🌸🍃🌸🍃🌸🍃🌸🍃  📷 Holly Hobbie is an American writer, watercolorist and illustrator. It's  also the name of a fictional character that she created. #ChildrensBooks📚  https://t.co/jYxK3yMEA2" /

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner 

How many cups do you drink a day? Do you drink any decafs? It's all I can do to get my 4/5 cups in per day on top of H2O and juice to down my vitamins!

Thanks for mentioning F&M! England is the original tea importers/exporters, and I was looking at their things a while ago.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Sooner 

How many cups do you drink a day? Do you drink any decafs? It's all I can do to get my 4/5 cups in per day on top of H2O and juice to down my vitamins!

Thanks for mentioning F&M! England is the original tea importers/exporters, and I was looking at their things a while ago.

@Harpa I would say four if we are counting iced tea and we make iced tea from Harney, Smith Tea, Elmwood Inn and Cultured Cup in Dallas (wonderful tea store--and great zoom sessions too!).

Tea is an important thing to us and now that you make me think about it, something we really enjoy and count as part of our diet.  We drink more iced than hot, but I'd say 2 cups of hot. 

Cultured Cup, Elmwood Inn Teas, and Smith Teas all have zoom tea sessions we've enjoyed and also The Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum.  The owners of Elmwood Inn Teas, Bruce Richardson and family, write books and articles on tea and does lectures too!  If you love tea it's all great fun!  

I hope this isn't TMI for tea lovers here!  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @Sooner ! I know you live in a warmer part of the country than me, hence the iced tea. I drink hot even on our hottest days.

Yes, tea for all the health benefits! I'm sure that's part of the reason why I have strong teeth and an overall healthy constitution.

Cheers!!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa I'm more a black tea drinker, but Smith Tea has a green tea with mint that I like a lot--hot or cold.  It is not too "minty" for me!  It's called Fez.  And their Portland Breakfast is a good strong black cup too with some depth. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner  My tea cupboard is already bulging at the seams, and overflowing into other places! If I listen any more to you, I'll have to rent extra storage!  Smiley Happy

My notation in my Palm pilot reads: Sooner's list of teas:

TY!!