Trusted Contributor

Re: I Miss the Old Days When ---

@coffee drinker  Agree. I'm tired of David Venable. He's just so theatrical and a little too over-the-top, at times, for me. Yesterday I saw the garbage can vendor crouched on the floor practically the entire presentation and talking at warp speed as she usually does. Changed the channel and never went back. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I agree.

Way to many vacuums, mattresses, computers etc. being jammed into the middle of In the Kitchen type shows. I tend to tune out and never find my way back. 

I also get sick of so much food for sale in the Kitchen shows. They have hours upon hours all year long, almost every week now, of Gourmet Holiday shows, even when there is no real holiday in the near future. So I see no need for half or more of the presentations during a kitchen show to be food that is for sale. 

I buy and like a lot of QVC food products. Some of the prices are indeed high, but I don't have access to some of the things I like and find here. I just don't want to see In the Kitchen shows full of the premade foods, they have enough of their own shows, just for the foods.

Respected Contributor

depends on where we live sometimes to get seafood & living in an area no seafood or just to have a food delivered to our house means alot to some of us It's expensive but also some appreciate it and enjoy. depends on our lifestyle don't judge 

Respected Contributor

watching Antonella eat her way thru the temptations show last night was pathetic. It's not cute.

We don't need a table food of vendors sitting in the kitchen shows eating all the food, yum its so good! Like what would they say, its awful! 

It's a big show to make money money money.

My worst pet pee is when the food vendors on both channels have to pull the food apart like the candy for one or squeeze the cookies and mush everything up, its not appealing and I change the channel immed.

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

We don't need a table food of vendors sitting in the kitchen shows eating all the food, yum its so good! Like what would they say, its awful! 

LOL  Yes, the "panel" of food vendors sampling another vendor's products is so contrived.  Last week, the camera cut to them before they were ready.  None of them were eating!  After a quick realization that they were on TV, they began to chow down, only to have the camera cut away, with David saying they "weren't ready."  What a joke.

Honored Contributor

I think QVC has found their goose who lays golden eggs, and it's in the form of their "gourmet food" items.  Customers buy the foods, eat the foods and reorder the foods. Until they can find a way to convince America to buy frying pans and pressure cookers on "auto-ship", we're only going to see more and more food items presented. I have never purchased food from QVC, because I'd rather cook my own food, but I suppose it's a godsend for some people and I don't see it going away any time soon. 

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

I am sure we will see the Rumba vacuum cleaner at least 50 times  during ITHKWD.  So sick of products having nothing to do with the kitchen.  How about bring back In the Kitchen with Bob?  At least they cooked on that show, no excessive talk and no dumb happy dance.  Does the happy dance actually make people buy these items?  It is a turn off for me.  I also turn off the channel........

Honored Contributor

I kind of miss cranky old Bob Bowersox.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

An auto vacumn TSV during ITKWD.....good morning to clean the kitchen. Call me when it's over. 

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker  I totally agree with you.  I turned off today's show already.  Many times now I record ITKWD and don't even watch more than a few minutes.  Was my favorite show at one time.   Don't care much for David and Tara together any more.  Also, waste of time when David reviews all the colors and numbers left.  Channel changer for sure!