Respected Contributor

I Miss the Old Days When ---

I miss the old days when a Sunday cooking show on QVC was just that -- a cooking show.  I would always watch these programs and if it wasn't possible to watch "live", I'd tape them. Nowadays, it seems as though food items are the majority of products shown with vacuum cleaners and mattresses thrown in for good measure.  I miss watching the host cook and give pertinent information about cookware, technique, etc. I even miss watching demos of Cooks Essentials pots & pans that were sold.  I still have a few of the larger stockpots and they are still performing just as good as when first purchased.  Anyone else feel the same?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Miss the Old Days When ---

Feel the same - No

I see a good mix - gadgets - cooking (like Chef  Z with pots & pans today) - oranges and other stuff.  I believe special value, like the mattress, is after the kitchen show is finished so they move on to that.

Sounds like you don't need additional cookware - so sit back and enjoy the show.

Valued Contributor

@coffee drinkerYes, I do miss the old days of cooking shows where the products presented were cooking or food related items.

I believe there is a place and time for the presentation of TSV's and during a food show is not the place or the time.

Contributor

I miss a lot of the old hosts too. 

Respected Contributor

@fthunt Maybe go in your kitchen, and play out your own cook show . It's fun I do it  and it beats being tempted to buy, and I am sure you don't need a cooking demo. Believe in yourself.  Heart Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I miss when they traveled state to state & found people that had local products from the state. They even had live audience sitting there and would talk to them. Chef Z started out good with his cast iron pans now he into vinegar & olive oil. Guess next will be his seasonings who knows. Pioneer Woman signed into Walmart so she isn't there now. They come & go but using their celebrity name to cash in. I do watch & like their shows on Food Network.Just remember we own our credit cards & buy what we like we have control to pick & choose. 

Esteemed Contributor

I used to look forward to watching every week.....now I don't even turn it on

Honored Contributor

Everything changes, out with the old in with the new.  We had our "day", now is the time for the new.  A person can decide to go with the flow or bury your head under a blanket.  The choice is yours.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

They even had themed cooking shows at one time. Easier to follow along versus all this jumping around.

Honored Contributor

I like to watch HSN when they have either Curtis Stone or Wolfgang.  They are truly cooking shows, yet they manage to sell their products while they cook.  Curtis is my absolute favorite!