Valued Contributor

Re: I Miss My BLUE BELL Ice Cream!

@Hooty wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I just read on Twitter that Blue Bell is back in production.

I had no idea what this thread was about until now.

It's a happy day!  Enjoy.

I posted it on here, did no one read my post?????

Post #23!!!

I read your post hooty before I posted. Then I heard it on ABC radio news at midnite during uh.. Coast to Coast. 

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I miss Blue Bell too.

@Sooner  ITA White Lily is the best! I didn't realize it wasn't readily available outside the southern states. 

You just can't make good biscuits with that hard red winter wheat flour we have in Oklahoma.  You need the softer wheat low-preotein southern flour.  Biscuits aren't as fluffy and they don't even taste the same!

Now I learned something. Thanks, Sooner! My baking was delicious and mostly perfect when I lived in Alabama, when we had get togethers (military), I was always asked to bring lots of baked goods. Now where I am, one state west of you, I have problems, nothing comes out the same each time, it tastes good yet something is different and I blame it on high altitude.

Nope!  It's that flour!  It tastes "nuttier" than the soft wheat and the texture is totally different.  There may be a way to mix some cake flour in, or get online and get you some biscuit flour!  Did you know that a cold biscuit is better than heaven?  Nothin is better than heaven right?  And a cold  biscuit is better than nothing. . . Yuck Yuck Yuck!!!

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I just read on Twitter that Blue Bell is back in production.

I had no idea what this thread was about until now.

It's a happy day!  Enjoy.

I posted it on here, did no one read my post?????

Post #23!!!

We just had an article today in our local paper which is Texas.  Should be first page first day news!!  Cannot wait my big spoon or my fingers are ready!!!!!!!!I

I'll bet people will be lined up.  I have been thinking about sneaking by the store on the way to work to see if it's there!  Ha ha!  They stock over night you know!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

1 hour ago there was a news article that blue bell ice cream is back and on trucks today 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wed. after work is my usual grocery store day, I wonder if it will be to early to have made the trip and be unloaded.  I do not mind helping I can climb the back of a truck and dig through some crates, boxes ect.............

BIG SPOON

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

From the article you spoke of below, did not specify the flavors of the 10 but probably the basics.  Fine by me.

The company has previously said the first product to return to shelves would be 10 flavors of the famous half-gallon ice cream containers. Pints and cups of Blue Bell would return later.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I have never heard of Blue Bell, is it like Blue Bunny?  I am in California.  There isn't an ice cream I have met I could refuse.  I am a huge fan of Aldens and McConnel's!!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

HERE YOU GO SOONER!  IT LOOKED GOOD ANYWAY!

Honored Contributor

LOL!!!  FUNNY funny cat posts!  Made my day.  I still haven't seen it, hubby at the store as I type, but I'm not holding out hope.

Honored Contributor

shoekitty wrote:

Oh my goodness!  That picture shows my current B&J addiction - 'Everything But The...'.