Honored Contributor

Re: I Love Tea in the Winter!

Keeper of the koi wrote:

@chickenbutt, twinnings has a decaf english  breakast tea... alao a  really good decaf irish  breakfast tea. hope you get fo indulge. by the way chovolate is like  vicodin to me head spin  sleepy talking fast... husband laughs  says it is perscription in this house, only for illness or special  occasion.!

Thank You for the recommendation!   I shall look for that.

Maybe what saves me with chocolate is that I love milk chocolate.  Maybe with all that extra krap added in there is less caffeine.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

What a good topic.  I would say my favorite tea right now is "P.G. Tips",  an import from Britain.  It's one of the few teas I can find lately that seems "strong" and flavorful enough for me.  I was amused to read recently that Brooke Shields loves this tea too and mentioned it in an interview.

For decaf, I'd like to second the recommendation already made of Twinings "Irish Breakfast Decaf".  After years of hunting for a decaf that has the body and flavor of caffeinated tea, this is the closest I can get to that "full flavor" tea.

I tend not to be big on flavored teas, but hubby likes mostly coffee, and I wanted to find him a tea alternative for fun.  So I just got him a type of chai called "Dirty Chai" which is a combo of black chai tea and espresso!  Doesn't that sound interesting? So I'm awaiting his verdict... 

Honored Contributor

The thing I found about most 'flavored teas' (which weren't really tea anyway) is that they smell beautiful, but taste like almost nothing.

I like the 'tea' flavor.  One time my husband was going to get me another box of Lipton Decaf Tea.   You know how that probably went - he grabbed Lipton Decaf GREEN Tea.   Well, that tasted like grass!  Seriously - not weed or anything like that - grass, like you have on your lawn.

Fortunately, a lady in his office liked that so he gave the rest of the box to her and got me the right one.  Maybe other green teas taste different, as I know they are popular.  But this was not good.

Super Contributor

@Oznell I've heard great things about P.G. Tips.  I'm headed to London in January and always stop at Fortnum & Mason. So elegant and classy.

Honored Contributor

I wished I liked iced tea & hot tea. I find it hard trying to find something hot to drink when it's cold. I have tried a few but did not care for it. Don't know if I need some other kind or add honey or what I need to do. I don't drink coffee & hot chocolate is too fattening to drink very often.

Trusted Contributor

Ooh, @Oznell, tea with espresso? Where in the world did you find that? Sounds amazing.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz, Some people who don't like tea or coffee but want a hot beverage drink hot water by itself, or with a slice of lemon. Just for the warmth and comfort!

Trusted Contributor

@DCAnnie2004

My favorite is PG Tips, a black tea from the UK.

I accidentally found it about fifteen years ago, and I drink a huge

mug of it every afternoon with half and half and stevia (or sugar).

It is incredibly flavorful.

I like many English Black teas, but I have found the flavor

most delicious from this particular tea.

It can be purchased in many good supermarkets or for sure

at CostPlus World Market.

Honored Contributor

DCAnnie2004, what a fab place to go to pick up your tea!   And lots of other goodies too, I'll wager...

Honored Contributor

I mostly favor plain black teas--Assam with milk and Darjeelings plain.  I also like OOlongs a lot!

If I get a flavored tea, give me Mariage Freres ones!  They are heavenly--Apricot, Vanilla, and many others!  THey have a black and green tea mix that is heavenly too.  You have to order them from Market Hall Foods online or the Cultured Cup in Dallas, because they aren't normally sold in the US.  They are expensive but a wonderful treat for a tea drinker!

Elmwood Inn has great teas too, as does Harney Tea and Upton Tea if you enjoy looking and shopping for tea!