Super Contributor

I Love My Instant Pot!   It saves me so much time and money because I am cooking and preparing my own food.  I ordered the Instant Pot when it was a Today's Special Value.  So far I have made chicken taco soup, meatballs and cauliflower, spaghetti with meat sauce and tonight I made pulled pork.   The Instant Pot is easy to use,  you can use your pot to saute your food and then use the pressure cooker function.   When you use the one pot it  saves you time on cleaning.  I am so happy that I finally bought the Instant Pot.  I like it because it is safe and easy to use!   I hope other people are enjoying their Instant Pot as much as I am!

Respected Contributor

@Tallgal  Congratulations on getting your new pressure cooker.  It sounds like you are really using it as you should.

Honored Contributor

Have you checked out instant loss.com.The lady has a cookbook out now but has free recipes and meal planning guides free.She is really popular

Super Contributor

Thank you for the informaiton.  I will have to check it out.

Honored Contributor

I made northern beans soup in mine the other day using dry beans and frozen ham chunks. I used to soak overnight cup or 2 of beans and cook next day for hr or so. 

when I used the Instant Pot I cooked with the above and some salt and tablespoon of olive oil  ( woman said to add that to keep down foaming) and done in 30 minutes.

So, I'm learning here !

Honored Contributor

I made northern beans soup in mine the other day using dry beans and frozen ham chunks. I used to soak overnight cup or 2 of beans and cook next day for hr or so. 

when I used the Instant Pot I cooked with the above and some salt and tablespoon of olive oil  ( woman said to add that to keep down foaming) and done in 30 minutes.

So, I'm learning here !

gonna try hard boiled extra large eggs next.

Honored Contributor

I'm so happy to hear others are discovering the joys of pressure cooking.  I've been using one for over 50 years (I started very young).  It has saved me so much time and money.  It should be mandatory for every working woman or busy mom.  It's just a shame all those nervous nellies started those explosion stories years ago, scaring so many people.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There's pressure cooking then there's Instant Pot pressure cooking.

I've had a regular pressure cooker since I was knee high to a frog, but, just now in my old age have I started mastering a instant, Instant Pot.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

There's pressure cooking then there's Instant Pot pressure cooking.

I've had a regular pressure cooker since I was knee high to a frog, but, just now in my old age have I started mastering a instant, Instant Pot.

ITA

The safety factor is important to me.

If I forget it’s on & leave the house for a couple hours,

it will just end & go into warming mode.

No ‘leaving the stove on’ or ‘forgetting to turn the oven off.’

Respected Contributor

I'm another one who's happy she bought an Instant Pot.  I think it helped I was familiar cooking with an old fashioned pressure cooker -- with the jiggler on top.  Thankfully, I donated 2 of my old fashioned PC, but one problem is what do I do with my Cooks Essential electric pressure cooker and 2 crock pots???  The IP has been used a few times, but there were great results.  One question though -- I bought a two tiered pot and I'm assuming it's for cooking 2 things at once, but I really don't know what to cook in it  Anyone have any suggestions.