Honored Contributor

I have to admit that I am very picky about food but I love Jiffy cake mix!  Yes, in the little box!  They are perfect for two people.

I made a white one last night and put maple icing on it and it was great!  I used a half stick of butter, a little maple syrup, a little bit of vanilla flavoried natural coffee creamer, a pinch of salt and enough powdered sugar to make the might consistency.  

I added cinnamon to half of it, but we preferred the plain version!  It was wonderful!  And I think Jiffy makes a better white cake then the other big mixes.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I have to admit that I am very picky about food but I love Jiffy cake mix!  Yes, in the little box!  They are perfect for two people.

I made a white one last night and put maple icing on it and it was great!  I used a half stick of butter, a little maple syrup, a little bit of vanilla flavoried natural coffee creamer, a pinch of salt and enough powdered sugar to make the might consistency.  

I added cinnamon to half of it, but we preferred the plain version!  It was wonderful!  And I think Jiffy makes a better white cake then the other big mixes.

@Sooner , What size pan does it take ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the idea @Sooner  Going to give it a try.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner I have used the Jiffy for quick cornbread before but have never tried, nor do I remember seeing the cake mix.  I will add this to my grocery list for turkey day as it will be only my husband and myself.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 We used 8" round but it was a thin cake.  You could smaller or a small loaf pan.

Honored Contributor

My DH loves the Jiffy cornbread,  I make it for him somethimes and it only takes a few minutes to mix up and bake.

Those mixes have been around for a long time, I remember them from my childhood.

Respected Contributor

Re: I Love Jiffy Cakes!

[ Edited ]

Their muffin mixes are good also- and also pizza crust mix and cornbread

Jiffy mixes are inexpensive which is a plus

Respected Contributor

Jiffy used to make frosting mixes also.  White and Chocolate.  They were really tasty, simple to make and handy.  Unfortunately they discontinued them.

Honored Contributor

Never tried their cake mixes, but I hate the cornbread mix.  My ex used to make that all the time.  Cornbread should not be sweet and it's quite easy to make from scratch.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Never tried their cake mixes, but I hate the cornbread mix.  My ex used to make that all the time.  Cornbread should not be sweet and it's quite easy to make from scratch.

@Icegoddess Who, other than you, says that cornbread should not be sweet??  I've never heard that rule before. 

Other than my deceased Mother's cornbread, it's the best I've had.  And you can make so many other recipes using the Jiffy Cornbread mix, that's another thing I like about the mix.