Trusted Contributor

Re: I Love Curtis Stone (cookware is awesome too)!

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@EatWell  I have a 13" wok w/lid that I got from HSN from Chef Ming Tsai's Simply Ming line that I like a lot, but it doesn't seem to be available right now.  It has ceramic nonstick interior & has held up very well.

ETA: This is what my wok looks like:

@aubnwa01

Thank you.

I’ll keep an eye out for it.   I looks nice in red.  My fav color!   Smiley Happy

Gung Hay Fat Choy! (Happy Chinese New Year!)

Hung

Valued Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I have several pieces of his cookware and love them.  I buy the white and disappointed that some items don't come in white.  The TS is too large for me, but it sure looks good.  I have some stains on the exterior of fry pan.   Any hints on a good way to remove them?   The interior of the pan is perfect.  

earlier today, he mentioned that he had some new product available on hsn for cleaning the induction plate on the bottom of the pan. i don't recall whether he said it would clean stains. i thought in the past that he said the pans didn't stain and could be wiped off, but i could be wrong.

Honored Contributor

yes he mentioned it was online.  I typed in Curtis stone ss cleaner it came up.  I think it's $24.95 but description reminds of the BarKeepers friend cleanser.

I use this with a scrub daddy & a few times I've used Brillo and barkeepers. works fine

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@sann  I have the sheet pans.  They were a year old this past December.  I am attaching a picture.

IMO, they are just as junkie as Copper Chef. They stain, they peel and they bend and pop in the oven.  The second sheet has only been used to bake cookies.  If you look close you can see the round outlines of the cookies.

The first pan has been used for cookies all types of food. I still use them, I  line them with parchment paper or everything sticks.

Oh no! Think I will try Rachel Ray. 

6189DD8E-A96A-45A2-B0EF-595418EF1D9A.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@CarmieTY for the pictures . I already have other brands that look like these --do not need more Smiley Happy.  I'm glad I resisted temptation yesterday.

Respected Contributor

I've posted this before, but if anyone is in the market for QUALITY baking pans made in the U.S.A. try USA Pans.  Best baking pans ever.  BB&B and Kohls has them and with coupons, a bargain.  Check them out on line.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker  I have some USA pans and I 100% agree with you.  They are a little  more expensive, but in the long run, they save you money. They last and always look great.  I have never had to replace them.

I purchased a few from King Arthur Flour.

Thanks for the reminder.

Trusted Contributor

I am surprised to see the damage to @Carmie's Curtis Stone pans. Like others, I have had a wide variety of his cookware and bakeware, and have had NO issues with the nonstick. The only reason I didn't order the TS was that I already have one of his big pans and it is just too big for me, but I do use it for soup and stir frying. I wouldn't use the fry basket.

I did order the small set of the bakeware that will fit in my Oster countertop oven and am looking forward to getting that.

Plus, as others have said, he is adorable and just seems so nice. I like watching Chef Ming and Wolfgang and have products from them, too, but lately I have been going with Curtis Stone for the purchases.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie  if you're in the market for USA Pans, suggest you look at retailmenot dot com for Kohl's % off and free s&h codes.  Can't post them here, or I'll get deleted, banned or chastised in other ways.  Happened to me in the past and I'm sure it'll happen again if I post the forbidden. 

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker  Thanks.  I love retailmenot.  They save me money when I shop online quite often.  I always check there first before I order anything.  Heart