Honored Contributor

Re: I Love Curtis Stone (cookware is awesome too)!

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

I have his set of baking pans with the dura-pan finish.  At first I liked them, but in less than a year I noticed that they are pure junk.  They stain, the nonstick finish peels off and food sticks.  I am so disappointed and glad I didn't buy his stove top pans.

I hope your pans work out for you.

Even though I don't like his pans, I think he is still a cutie.

This isn't surprising as they are just cheap aluminum.  With aluminum, you have over-conduction unless it's hard-anodized or just aluminum between sheets of steel.    They are thin and light, but I had to crack up when I watched a couple of minutes and saw the way they cut the aluminum on an angle to make it look thicker.

It's just the same as the old 'hard-coat enamel' that QVC sells from time to time.      You can tell they're cheap even looking at them through the tv.

I hope people have better luck, but I'd save up for when they fail and buy something more substantive.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  This is what the website says about the construction of his dura bake pans:

Material Composition:Carbon steel
Interior and Exterior:Dura-Bake nonstick coating
Oven Safe Temperature:450 degrees F
Stovetop Type:Not for stovetop use
Care:Dishwasher safe; hand washing recommended
Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 My sheet pans are the same as yours with the speckled finish.  They are like new and I think I have had them 2+ years.  Very non-stick and no warping.  Like someone else posted I wish he would bring back the set of smaller size fry pans or a fry pan and a small saucepan.  His TS today is nice, but I don't need a 5 qt. and I wouldn't use the fry basket.    I enjoy his presentations.

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I have his set of baking pans with the dura-pan finish.  At first I liked them, but in less than a year I noticed that they are pure junk.  They stain, the nonstick finish peels off and food sticks.  I am so disappointed and glad I didn't buy his stove top pans.

I hope your pans work out for you.

Even though I don't like his pans, I think he is still a cutie.

This isn't surprising as they are just cheap aluminum.  With aluminum, you have over-conduction unless it's hard-anodized or just aluminum between sheets of steel.    They are thin and light, but I had to crack up when I watched a couple of minutes and saw the way they cut the aluminum on an angle to make it look thicker.

It's just the same as the old 'hard-coat enamel' that QVC sells from time to time.      You can tell they're cheap even looking at them through the tv.

I hope people have better luck, but I'd save up for when they fail and buy something more substantive.  

@Krimpette    I think that maybe @chickenbutt was talkng about a demo for the pots and pans. . I think the cookware is aluminum.  I've seen that when they cut the frypan in half.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51  The pans I posted a picture of are item # 623-953 and are still available, but the price is now reduced.

There were many bad reviews for this product having the same problems that I did, but they are now gone.  There are no reviews showing at all.  I guess HSN is trying to sweep all negativity under the rug.

I did call for warranty info.  They have a one year limited  warranty and it does not cover staining or peeling.

If you buy these pans and they fail, you're on your own.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@kitcat51  The pans I posted a picture of are item # 623-953 and are still available, but the price is now reduced.

There were many bad reviews for this product having the same problems that I did, but they are now gone.  There are no reviews showing at all.  I guess HSN is trying to sweep all negativity under the rug.

I did call for warranty info.  They have a one year limited  warranty and it does not cover staining or peeling.

If you buy these pans and they fail, you're on your own.

I've had the best experience with his products so I'm surprised there is such a stinker in his line. Sorry that happened & you haven't been able to get a refund....Thanks for sharing @Carmie.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51  Thanks.  Most of his products appeal to me, but I am afraid to take another chance. With my luck, I'd probably get another lemon.

I am glad you haven't had my misfortune.

Respected Contributor

I Love Curtis Stone cookware. Have had it for many years and never a problem. Still non-stick, still easy clean up and durable. Today I purchased the TS  and an 8" fry pan in Turquiose for my daughter. I also pick up one in red for my husband. As our older Calpholon breaks down, we are replacing the pans with Chef Curtis's Dura-stone. Keep 'em coming, I'll be buying!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m looking to add a non-stick wok to my collection.  

https://www.hsn.com/todays-special.  

Is the Curtis Stone Dura non-stick coating on C.S. pan durable and truly non-stick?  Over time, does the Dura coating wear off, scratch or flake?  Is the Dura non-stick comparable to Calphalon, All Clad, or Cusinart non-stick?

TIA

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EatWell  I have a 13" wok w/lid that I got from HSN from Chef Ming Tsai's Simply Ming line that I like a lot, but it doesn't seem to be available right now.  It has ceramic nonstick interior & has held up very well.

ETA: This is what my wok looks like:

Image result for simply ming 13 inch wok