Respected Contributor

I Hit the Jackpot This Morning!

There were about 8 5lb bags of King Arthur Bread Flour at my Kroger this morning!   And one of them came home with me!  One of my favorite breads calls for bread flour and my canister is almost empty.  I have been on the lookout for bread flour for weeks.  

I have also been seeing yeast at both my Kroger and my Walmart.  I did not buy any as I already had enough.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Contributor

Re: I Hit the Jackpot This Morning!

My favorite too.  Dont you just love making bread..  Tastes so much better than what you buy, What is your favorite recipe ?  Its getting too hot to have the oven on but I miss it.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

There were about 8 5lb bags of King Arthur Bread Flour at my Kroger this morning!   And one of them came home with me!  One of my favorite breads calls for bread flour and my canister is almost empty.  I have been on the lookout for bread flour for weeks.  

I have also been seeing yeast at both my Kroger and my Walmart.  I did not buy any as I already had enough.  

Should had bought it all when you saw it , if they didn't have a limit on it.

when I go on vacation back up to Ind. and White Lily flour I buy ALL they have.  Sometimes I'll send the sister, money, and have her to go ahead and buy for me, then, I'll hit the store when I get up there.

Respected Contributor

@tweets12 

Our favorite is a loaf of English Toasting Bread.  It is a recipe from the book Bread Machine Magic by Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway.  I make the dough in my bread machine and then bake it in a loaf pan in my regular oven.  It is wonderful for toasting.  

We just finished a loaf that I made when we had a few cooler days here.  I do not usually make bread in the summer.  

Nothing tastes as good as a nice homemade bread.  

Respected Contributor

@SharkE 

My Kroger has the King Arthur in their store all the time.  It has just been during this whole virus quarantine that they have been out of stock.  But I do know what you mean about stocking up on it.  

They also carry the White Lily Self Rising on a regular basis.  I buy it for biscuits.  I have never tried any other version of White Lily, but I would like to!  It sure makes delicious biscuits!

Trusted Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

There were about 8 5lb bags of King Arthur Bread Flour at my Kroger this morning!   And one of them came home with me!  One of my favorite breads calls for bread flour and my canister is almost empty.  I have been on the lookout for bread flour for weeks.  Thank youforyourmconsiderationofothereswho

@4kitties

Thank you for your consideration of others who may have a similar need as you had for bread flour! 

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE  ....... I am surprised since Smuckers owns White Lily that they do not sell it on their website with their other products. Is it cheaper in Indiana instead of ordering from Amazon or Walmart. com?

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Nothing tastes as good as a nice homemade bread.  

While baking, the aroma fills your whole house.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@SharkE  ....... I am surprised since Smuckers owns White Lily that they do not sell it on their website with their other products. Is it cheaper in Indiana instead of ordering from Amazon or Walmart. com?

No shipping and handling .   My part of Tx. (amarillo) don't carry it. King Arthur, is good, too. I like trying the brands other then Gold Medal never use that any more.

Honored Contributor

I live among the Amish. I only buy my baking items from them. What a transformation! My baked goods are soooo much better! Noticeably better! Heart

"Pure Michigan"