Trusted Contributor

Re: I Gave Up on the Pioneer Woman

@QVCkitty1  YES ! Love Kardea Brown !

Trusted Contributor

@Ladybug724  So agree she has run out of recipes. But then again I never liked any of them. She actually had the nerve to  show a desert idea.  She opened a snack size bag of cookies and pored some warm chocolate syrup over it. Are you kidding me? You thought that was worthy enough to put on tv. She is almost like a scammer to me.

Also, she played a trick on her husband by scaring him with a rubber snake and then proceeded to jump up and down and laugh  like a misbehaved kid. Completly foolish.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Her husband is probably one of the wealthiest families in the country.  That man owns land!!  Hundreds and hundreds of acre of prime cattle ranching.  Oklahoma might be rough weather wise, but that land is very valuable. 

I like her cooking.  Yes, she's a little sloppy and she makes goofs, but a pretty decent cook.  I like that there are so many substitutions you can make. 

@songbird There's also a lot of oil under those cattle.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Her husband is probably one of the wealthiest families in the country.  That man owns land!!  Hundreds and hundreds of acre of prime cattle ranching.  Oklahoma might be rough weather wise, but that land is very valuable. 

I like her cooking.  Yes, she's a little sloppy and she makes goofs, but a pretty decent cook.  I like that there are so many substitutions you can make. 

True wealth is land and gold.  Real estate for the cost of the land it sits on.  If you have several thousand acres of of it.....you really wealthy.   I can understand why her husband holds on to it.

Super Contributor

I can't stand the sound of her voice.  I know she can't help it but there is something about her voice that just grates on my brain.  I started following her when all she had was a blog years ago.  She's a great writer and a decent cook.  

I love that she opened up a store in her little town and I'm sure her presence there helps draw income for many people in the town.  

I just can't listen to her voice LOL.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@songbird wrote:

True wealth is land and gold.  Real estate for the cost of the land it sits on.  If you have several thousand acres of of it.....you really wealthy.   I can understand why her husband holds on to it.

@songbird Land is not always wealth.  Land isn't always valuable, and if you are "lucky" enough to have land that isn't valuable you are stuck trying to keep people off of it so they won't get hurt and sue you, or set up housekeeping somewhere on it you don't know about, and paying taxes on it. 

It is sometimes a real liability.  

Trusted Contributor

@webbgarner1   As far as the playing tricks on Ladd with the snake, he has done the same thing to her with rubber snakes. I can think of 3 that they have shown on air and there are probably many more.  Lighten up please, let people have their fun.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I stopped recording her show too because I am not enjoying this "informal" format as much (Oh my, the rat episode was too much!)   I miss the scenes of the ranch and outdoors and realize I like it much better when they have their production crew and will probably watch it again after they get back to doing it the normal way. 

Janet in Georgia
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I disagree and haven't seen any of things you mentioned.  Also the show is not filmed in her house.  It's a separate building on the ranch.  Reading some of the posts it sounds like some are jealous of her success & money.  I have a couple pans (the blue ones) and they are the best pans I've used. I doubt she'll miss you.

Esteemed Contributor

They own hundreds of thousands of acres and just received 26 million from the government use of it