Honored Contributor

I GOT A DEAL ON A KNIFE SHARPENER!

I have been looking for the knife sharpener America's Test Kitchen featured a few months ago but at a GOOD price!  I finally found it a Macy's which is having a sale!   I got it for $134 instead of $159!  

It sharpens your knives to a 15 degree edge, even your older German knives with a 20 degree edge.  SO, it will take care of the Asian knives I had and fluff up some older ones to a sharper edge!  

I'm going to take the paring and slicing knives to the sharper 15 degree edge and leave the bigger chef's knives and knives I use for chopping at 20 degrees so the edge will be sharper and stay sharp longer.

I have a big collection of knives but I use them all the time since we cook mostly from scratch and chop a LOT of veggies.  I use Asian knives for the peppers, onions, and more delicate ones, and get out the big German long knives for carrots, hard squash and things like that.

Honored Contributor

Re: I GOT A DEAL ON A KNIFE SHARPENER!

After this gets here next week, if my typing suddenly is even worse than usual, DON'T laugh!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

After this gets here next week, if my typing suddenly is even worse than usual, DON'T laugh!!!  

My money's on you @Sooner . . . at least it's not a mandoline . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

My money's on you @Sooner . . . at least it's not a mandoline . . . Smiley Happy

Well, I'll take comfort in THAT!  I am excited because I have had my Asian style knives a long time and use them pretty often and they are not like they used to be, so now maybe I will have new knives for life without buying more!!!