Honored Contributor

I Compared Prices For The Same Soup -Wow!

I was feeling slightly cool, so I opened up my last Healthy Choice Vegetable Beef soup which is yummy!

My grocery store occasionally has the cans 2 for $4, but not often.

I checked Walmart, their "better" choices were Progresso which is popular and I don't care for.  

I went to amazon.  For a case of 15 oz cans, one vendor got up to $4.67 an OUNCE for the soup!  That's right, an OUNCE!!!  The other 20 cents an ounce.

What a shock!  At least at our store, we get gas points!  Geeee.....

Honored Contributor

Re: I Compared Prices For The Same Soup -Wow!

[ Edited ]

@ECBG   I make my own soups....so easy and cheap!  You are correct groceries are high ...inflation out of control....gas almost $5.00 on the west coast!  As taxes rise, policies enacted, and crisis ignored....we are in for a ride.  Staying calm and strong...we will weather the storm.  In the meantime, I'm being grateful for the little things, like a yummy bowl of soup! 

Edited:  Costco has Amy's soup at a reasonable price...not bad for a canned soup.

Super Contributor

@ECBG Although I don't order groceries on Amazon, almost everything else I've ordered there (toiletries & cosmetics, things like that) are almost always higher priced there.  Guess we're paying for the convenience of next day shipping?  Some vendors do outright gauge prices though.  

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo wrote:

@ECBG Although I don't order groceries on Amazon, almost everything else I've ordered there (toiletries & cosmetics, things like that) are almost always higher priced there.  Guess we're paying for the convenience of next day shipping?  Some vendors do outright gauge prices though.  

@RooRoo 

I usually do better with walmart when I am so busy I can't breathe!  In this case, they didn't have the product I wanted.

I have a Sam's card, but they only carry the soups with chicken.

We don't have a Cosco.

I really fill the cart when that soup is on sale!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

We are rural ( three hours from Phoenix) so no Costco, Sams etc.  However, I order online from both and both have mostly free ( several days) delivery.  I just noticed that Sams has tons of soups by the case at very good prices.

Respected Contributor

That's an error on the site. It's the same $.20 an ounce as the other one. But the second one  does have a $43.00 shipping charge on top of it!

Valued Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@ECBG   I make my own soups....so easy and cheap!

Ditto! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

it pays to be a diligent shopper and price checker.  The only prepared soup I buy are the keto varieties from Kettle and Fire.  They're pricey, though, so I don't eat them very much.  If we're having soup or chili, I make it myself.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG We always keep a good stock of the Healthy Choice soups with chicken--the noodle and the rice.  They are pretty good--with added hot sauce!  Or leftover real rice, sometimes some leftover veggies or especially tomatoes!  

Honored Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@ECBG   I make my own soups....so easy and cheap!

Ditto! 

@LavernLuvsShoes @phoenixbrd 

I make my own too.  This was my spur of the moment!