Esteemed Contributor

@SandPiper. A few years ago my son's girlfriend bought me a Gullah Gullah Island cookbook. There was a chicken feet soup that I tried and sort of liked. It was boring, but I got the point. Now I buy chicken feet whenever I'm making chicken soup of any kind. They add so much collagen! When you cool the soup it becomes gelatinous! I strain them from the soup. The feet you buy in the supermarket have already been "bleached." But, you need to trim off the nails, and I cut off the callouses and scrub them with a brush. I buy them a few times a month. And the price is right!

Respected Contributor

A lot of folks post photos on the Facebook group for the Instant Pot of whole plastic bags full of chicken feet that they've bought at specialty grocery stores (maybe Asian markets?) to use for bone broth & soup.  The toenails skeeve me out, too, but apparently the feet give good flavor & have a lot of collagen in them.

Respected Contributor

If you cook with the toenails on you'll be chopped!!!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

LOL!!! I'm laughing so much I almost peed my pants.

Did not know people at chicken feet.

Thx all for the laughs.

@Nightowlz  I guess you don't watch "Chopped".  They have had chicken feet and other similar delectables on that show and the judges ate them.

@CLEM No I don't watch Chopped. I have seen it a few times.

I ate liver when I was a kid. LOL!!! I won't eat it now.

I know some of the things in the meat counter don't look edible IMO. I guess if it's there someone is buying it.

Honored Contributor

Earrings anyone???

chicken-claw-tattoo-1.jpg

Super Contributor

@ChiliPepper, umm, but are the hooks hypo-allergenic? Hehehe!

Respected Contributor

Saw them at Walmart yesterday. 😊 😊 😊  

Honored Contributor

I will take a pass on those. More for you all!

Respected Contributor

I will get some of these feet when I am going to make chicken sould next time.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz  It's funny how we like something growing up, but then when we are grown we don't like it anymore, but we love other things that we couldn't stomach as children.

I grew up eating liver (but not beef liver)  and I still love liver: calf's, goose, chicken liver.   Just after Thanksgiving last year I discovered that one of the Amish farmers was selling duck liver.  So one of my neighbors and I wanted to get some, but by that time they were not selling it anymore for this year.  So the farmer told me I can always look forward to get it next year around the holidays.  We were very disappointed.