Valued Contributor

@Fiero Woman wrote:

I am a southern country girl.  I remember my grandparents making them fried.  I think granny boiled them until basically cooked, cooled and fried.  I never ate any but fried they were beautiful.

I’m not a southern girl but my mother made them the same way and I loved them.

Honored Contributor

When I Googled 'chicken feet' WikiPedia bought up some interesting facts about where this is common. Your Asian countries it's a big deal. Poorer countries, etc. Lots of information available.

I'm on a diet and have been since day one maybe I'll get me a chicken foot and gnaw on it instead of a brownie. LOL Can't have much calories and my senses will think I'm eating. 

Woman Frustrated

Valued Contributor

@SharkE Good idea and then you can pick your teeth with the toenail 😃

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

LOL!!! I'm laughing so much I almost peed my pants.

Did not know people at chicken feet.

Thx all for the laughs.

@Nightowlz  I guess you don't watch "Chopped".  They have had chicken feet and other similar delectables on that show and the judges ate them.

Honored Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:

@SharkE Good idea and then you can pick your teeth with the toenail 😃

LOL Right 0 !

Respected Contributor

Sandpiper, In my theory it wouldn't be any different than using ox tails in soup. And  the ox tails give soup alot of flavor. I bought them in a pinch because the other bones had very little meat and cost a fortune against my budget. Or if that is all the butcher had that particular day. and Yes I've heard of southern people enjoyed chicken feet, the would probably make good stock .

Respected Contributor

Scooby Doo, And we don't know what any animal we eat had for its diet. Just imagine what fish we caught years ago ate before we ate it !! The feet are washed and it would be the same for Pigs feet, and I love pigs feet.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

When I Googled 'chicken feet' WikiPedia bought up some interesting facts about where this is common. Your Asian countries it's a big deal. Poorer countries, etc. Lots of information available.

I'm on a diet and have been since day one maybe I'll get me a chicken foot and gnaw on it instead of a brownie. LOL Can't have much calories and my senses will think I'm eating. 

Woman Frustrated

@SharkE

Ahhhaaaaa, who do you think that you're kidding???  Lol

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Trusted Contributor

My grandmother used to boil the whole chicken including the feet to make Chicken Soup every Friday to have for dinner to begin the Sabbath (Saturday in the Jewish religion).  The skin of the chicken makes the soup much richer in flavor. She added cut up celery and carrots to make the broth.  She would skim the fat from the broth and cook the noodles in the soup.  It was the best chicken soup - sometimes with matzo balls instead of the noodles.  She would eat the boiled chicken feet and loved them. 

Respected Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:

@SharkE I saw those movies too 😋

@summerwind I can make bone broth from them. From what I’m seeing online, you boil them, peel the skin off and cut off the nails (some leave the nails now) but not me. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But I bought them and I’m going to do this. I just hope I don’t get queasy 😳

So you give them a pedicure before you snack on them?